1990s Best episodes

BetaWolf

Keith A. Manuel
I don't know if anyone is watching the Outer Limits. I can access it through Hulu (the free version) online, and I'm rewatching some of my favorite episodes, things that influenced me back in college.

"Quality of Mercy" has stuck with me since it first aired in 1995. It was my first exposure to a lot of issues (like body horror), and I was young and impressionable. :D I can date my interest in reptilian aliens to this episode, too. Its in-series sequel "The Light Brigade," with a young Wil Wheaton, is noteworthy, too.

There are quite a few interesting episodes, like Sarcophagus and Rule of Law, but I thought I'd see if there is anyone interesting here in discussing them.

Stream of Consciousness is of my favorites, the message is especially relevant today. The Camp is another good one. Dark Matters was a decent episode. The New Breed was interesting as well, eyes in the back of a person's head isn't that crazy of an idea. Final Appeal was a good finale too. Trial By Fire was funny. The Deprogrammers was good, especially with Brent Spiner as a guest star.

I loved the Sandkings episodes with those ant like creatures. They were the first two episodes of the mid 90s relaunch. I only just found out that was from a George RR Martin story! The first series of the relaunch was great.
Otherwise I really liked the episodes where the aliens would have the last laugh over the humans in the story.

I just started watching the 1990s TOL, #2 took me by surprise, with FFN! I had to check the wiki pages to be sure I was not seeing things, as I thought it was on TV, but apparently on a premium movie channel, instead. So, I just finished s1, e10. having taken a break from TTZone s3, which I had intended to breeze through in a week or 2.

As good as TOL 1990s is, nothing compares with the original, and the many times I hid under my covers, from some 2 dimensional fright on the TV screen. I wish I had a kid, through whom I could relive such things.

I just recently watched all of this series, thanks to Internet Archive. I must admit that I thought a lot of episodes were not very good. A few stand out, mostly the ones based on written science fiction. These would be "Sandkings" (even though they changed the story quite a bit), "Inconstant Moon", "The Human Operators", and "Think Like a Dinosaur."

I just finished S1, with an episode that tied together several others. So, this one had some guy trying to convince govt. big shots that the Earth was being invaded, making reference to content in earlier episodes. Recap! Saves money in the making of #21, but I did like the way it tied all that together. Need to go to HULU for s2, PRIME lacks it! :cry:

There was 1 that had me thinking of the original series' Nightmare, #14, Quality of Mercy, mainly because they had been captured by aliens and occasionally dragged screaming from the cell, presumably for interrogation.

I, Robot was a remake, but the added element of sinister military funding and the attempt to purge Adam Link of his 'Humanist' philosophy seemed unnecessary, as the original broken shelf was sufficient. Other than that, this episode was very satisfying. Funny or is it ironic to have Leonard Nimoy as the Lawyer Cutler talking about the importance of emotion in humans and robots! :ROFLMAO:

Just started s7, watched FAMILY VALUES, but the synopsis on Prime's S7 page, made me think of , Ray Bradbury Theater: Marionettes. :LOL: But the Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Design for Loving was even better!

The only one I remember strongly is "Think Like a Dinosaur." I really liked the idea of dinosauroid aliens. There was one with a body-hopping murderous alien set in the 1800s, I think. And one involving a retirement home whose staff steal patients' memories.

Found them. "The Ripper" and "Fathers and Sons," respectively. I also just watched and enjoyed "Josh."