New Hardcover Assassin's Apprentice

ratsy

I just ordered a copy of Robin Hobb's Assassin's Apprentice in a cloth bound hardcover from the UK amazon site. I am from Canada so it ends up costing me a pretty penny but it is not available here!

It just looks cool so why not. I read this book for the first time about 5 years ago and quickly devoured all the rest of her books.

I just ordered a copy of Robin Hobb's Assassin's Apprentice in a cloth bound hardcover from the UK amazon site. I am from Canada so it ends up costing me a pretty penny but it is not available here!

It just looks cool so why not. I read this book for the first time about 5 years ago and quickly devoured all the rest of her books.

Got mine a week or so ago, to be honest it was a waste of money - purely because I have a first ed original hardcover already. Not sure why I bought this to be honest. I you don't own a hardcover though, it's a nice enough presented book - hardy and nice texture. Not overly convinced by the artwork, but it's kind of "rustic" and i imagine part of what will be a classics set.

Well..I got the book and I am quite disappointed. The book is slightly shorter than the rest of my Hobb Hardcovers! It is cloth but feels kinda cheap, and for a Special Edition, Hardcover version of her fist book as Hobb, I would have expected her to have some sort of a foreword or something...there is nothing.

I do know that I will not spend my money on the other hardcovers if they release them.

That's a bummer...sorry Ratsy!

Meh, thanks but it's no big deal. You would just think that they would have asked for a word from the Author or something. I want to reread the farseer books this year so I will make use of the Hardcover version I have now.

Meh, thanks but it's no big deal. You would just think that they would have asked for a word from the Author or something. I want to reread the farseer books this year so I will make use of the Hardcover version I have now.

Kind of mirrors my sentiment. I bought the book automatically as I love her work (and put a lot of time into collecting all the original 1st Ed hardbacks) then when it comes it's just a bit...meh