Sci-Fi/Fantasy book with Dragons, and spaceships?

lokkenjawnz

Hey guys, just registered to get your help. I'm trying to remember a book I read when I was younger, probably during the late 90's or early 00's, it was in a fantasy-ish setting, with dragons (I believe anyways), but it also had at least one character that was from a different planet, or at least had a spacecraft of some sort. The writer referred to him having a cane, which he maneuvered around while talking, as though it were the control stick of a spacecraft, that's the one thing that I remember for sure. I believe the author was a woman, but I'm not positive.

Is this ringing any bells for anyone? I think there were a few books in the series, but I'm not sure how many. Any help would be awesome!

It's not one of Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern series, is it?

I vaguely remember reading a book of Pern short stories (possibly this one) at the turn of the century, that featured both dragons and spaceships.

---

Welcome to Chronicles, by the way!

Yeah I was thinking it could be those, I've checked out a few of them - Dragonsong in particular sounded somewhat familiar, but it didn't ring any bells, and I could find a cover of it that jogged my memory at all. Plus, there's so many Pern books, that it could very well be one of them that I haven't checked yet. I'll keep looking into that though. If anyone has any other ideas I'm open!

[edit] It may be something like Crystal Dragon, but it's not the book Crystal Dragon by Lee and Miller. Of course it might not have anything at all to do with crystals, but I feel like that's in there somewhere.

Back