Republic of Thieves Publication Date

HoopyFrood

It's me! Hurrah!
10th OCTOBER (UK)

8TH OCTOBER (US)

Those are the dates for the release of the Republic of Thieves, people.

As announced by Lynch himself on his Twitter:

scottlynch_zpsc569089b.png

And more details here

In THE REPUBLIC OF THIEVES, readers will reunite with con artist extraordinaire Locke Lamora—and meet the only female Gentleman *******. With what should have been the greatest heist of their career gone spectacularly sour, Locke and his trusted partner, Jean, have barely escaped with their lives. Or, at least, Jean has. But Locke is slowly succumbing to a deadly poison which no alchemist or physiker can cure. Yet just as the end is near, a mysterious visitor offers Locke an opportunity that will either save him or finish him off once and for all.

Simon Spanton, Deputy Publishing Director at Gollancz, said ‘Some of you will know about the real difficulties that gathered around this novel for Scott. I’d just like to take this opportunity to thank Scott for sticking with it. I know that he was always painfully aware of the delays and what those meant both for his publishers and his fans. So I’d also like to thank Scott’s readers for their patience and for the immense support and the profound goodwill towards Scott that they have shown during this time. It’s been a long wait but I have every faith that their patience will now be rewarded with The Republic of Thieves.’

He also said on his twitter that 400+ people had emailed him at some point, asking for the publication date, and that he was going to personally reply to each. A mighty big hole to get himself into if this is yet another date that doesn't turn out to be true...so hopefully, it finally is!

Gives me an excuse to reread the books at least and refresh everything!

Lynch had a lot of problems after finishing the second book. Death in his family, I believe, and the breakdown of his marriage and he also suffers from depression and anxiety.

I hope this comes about.

The Lies of Locke Lamora is one of my favourite books.

Definitely. As long as I've waited and as much as I've wanted the third book, its delay has been very understandable.

:D

I only started following Lynch today because I saw Anne Lyle tweeting about him. I picked a good day, it seems!

*Does a dance*

People, it's SO CLOSE now! And wonderfully just a handful of days after my birthday; it's like Lynch is giving me an extra special present. The great thing is that it hopefully means I'll have some birthday monies and I know exactly what it'll be buying.

I'd forgotten about this! Cheers for bumping the thread.

It'll probably be a while before I get it, but I definitely will be sooner or later.

You lucky Americans getting it early!

I have JUST pre-ordered it. In two days time it'll be winging its way to me. Woooooo. I have waited so very long for this...

IT'S HEEEEEEERE!!

I've waited six...maybe seven years for this book and it's heeeeeeeeere.

I am going to read it so hard tonight!