Vikings (TV series)

3.03 Mercy

Storylines and locations are increasing exponentially this season -- Scandinavia, England, Paris, Bjorn Lothbrok's one-man survivor experience.
Bjorn beat the bear, but will he be able to beat the Berserker?

Ragnar finally released Floki from his punishment, but has Floki's insane spirit been broken?

Will Rollo ever bed his new Frank wife, or will she gut him in his sleep?

*key dramatic pause organ music*

Tune in next week, when the answers to one or more of these questions may be revealed.

Anyone keeping up with this. Just finished watching Episode 20 Day of Reckoning. 2 more seasons planned according to Michael Hirst and with a death toll on GOT proportions who will survive to the end.

Jonathan Rhys Meyers had a brilliant introduction last night as Bishop Heramund.

Dang! I missed the return of the series -- everything since Ragnar returned to Kattegat. I've got some catching up to do.
Thanks for the heads-up.

Anyone keeping up with this. Just finished watching Episode 20 Day of Reckoning. 2 more seasons planned according to Michael Hirst and with a death toll on GOT proportions who will survive to the end.

Jonathan Rhys Meyers had a brilliant introduction last night as Bishop Heramund.

I am, but this series I've reserved commentary mostly to me and Mrs Ctg. I don't want to spoil anybody else observations with my Viking heritage. I'm too biased.

Yes, ctg, they have played fast and loose with the history of the time and shoehorned 200 years of events into a 30 year time period. However the show is still enjoyable.

The show is very lovely and to be honest, it has shown that we weren't completely ruthless bastards but actually quite cunning our ways. And there is a lot of heritage that we gave or rather forced on British people. It's just a lot of that history has been muddled by centuries of history.

To me, learning about the English side has been totally eye opening. And a lot of these things happened a way before England conquered half of world and a became an Empire, while us the Viking went backwards and were mostly forgotten. Even pushed aside while the Europe and England flourished.

Thanks to the upcoming season 5 slated this week, the History Channel has been running the last half of season 4. I've caught up to 4.15.
Yikes! Ragnar came to an exceptionally gruesome end. I'm curious about how the show can continue without its central character.
OK, THC, give me the last five season four episodes to binge-watch before the new season starts on Wednesday.

Reactions: ctg
Thanks to the upcoming season 5 slated this week, the History Channel has been running the last half of season 4. I've caught up to 4.15.
Yikes! Ragnar came to an exceptionally gruesome end. I'm curious about how the show can continue without its central character.
OK, THC, give me the last five season four episodes to binge-watch before the new season starts on Wednesday.

Looks like we'll be starting out with an in depth look at Lagertha and then there should be plenty of intrigue as we get into more about Ragnar's sons.

All caught up with season 4.
I'm still wondering how interesting the show will be without Ragnar. The final episodes of the season had plenty of ground to cover with avenging his death, but branch stories in the new season might seem more like spinoffs.

I'm still wondering how interesting the show will be without Ragnar.

We are about to enter the time, when they combined together 1000 boats and sent 10 000 men over to England to rape and pillage half of the country. We are also going to witness them settling in and making a town called York. Snake-eyes was one of their greatest admin kings. His only problem was getting on that throne as we don't give up anything easily in the cold, harsh north. So there is no need for Ragnar.

We are about to enter the time, when they combined together 1000 boats and sent 10 000 men over to England to rape and pillage half of the country. We are also going to witness them settling in and making a town called York. Snake-eyes was one of their greatest admin kings. His only problem was getting on that throne as we don't give up anything easily in the cold, harsh north. So there is no need for Ragnar.
Snake-eyes? That wasn't the late brother, Sigurd?

Snake-eyes? That wasn't the late brother, Sigurd?

They are playing fast and loose with history. That particular character had a long and fruitful career in Scandinavia. It is still one ths most enjoyable series out there at the moment.

In the series Ivar kills Sigurd which never happened. Sigurd 'Snake-in-the-Eye' had a long life. Of course there is no historical basis for Bjorn, Ivar, Sigurd, Ubbe or Hvsiark as the sons of Ragnar.

Reactions: ctg