Aliens Raining spores to seed the earth

Yearningmaple

Anyone know that book? It was an airport paperback purchase. I seem to remember the author is kind of well-known. Cover was dark green. Not a lot happened.

This sounds to me as if it could be part of Ian McDonald's Chaga sequence, which included a couple of novels, a novella and a short story (if memory serves).

could be Invasion by Robin Cook. the spores arrive via little black discs if memory serves. Airport thriller? check, not much happens? check:)

Nope that's not it either. I think it's set in Oregon or someplace like that. Set in the woods and it just rains and rains and rains And everything turns green and slimy and there's tendrils growing everywhere and a pack of wolves take refuge on the front porch.

Sigh, not that either. My husband and I went through this about a month ago, and when we finally remembered we said "of course!" So it is very descriptive, I believe just one word, (and not very memorable!)

This time I will write it down, assuming success . . .

Nope, not The Genocides. I just emailed William Meikle asking if the wolves on the porch was in The Invasion, just in case.

This is a tricky one, where to next? :)

What do you mean By "auther is kind of well known" in a SciFi context? or a Thriller context? maybe a Fantasy writer? Dark green cover you say?

Anything memorable in the book apart from the wolves?

What airport and what where you wearing? :D (joking of course).

I feel like I'm on a mission now, let's get this sorted!

By well known, I think it was more along the horror lines like Stephen King, Clive Barker, Cussler, Robin Cook . . . I actually don't read much horror at all - a couple of Dan Simmons were so disturbing that I gave up my brief dalliance. My husband bought it (around 2007) and said I would like it. When I say not much happens it reminds me of Spielberg's "War of the Worlds" where there is no rising action to propel one into act III, the aliens just die.

It basically all takes place in the woods, there are very few characters, and shotguns seemed to be their weapon of choice. Lots of humidity.