post apocalyptic island with big cat

Never read any shannara, saw the tv program if thats the same thing, put me right off the idea of reading them, due to i couldnt get right with the idea of thousands of years later and, theres now elves on earth, i think it was the prom set they found buried that really did it for me, i took them off my TBR list.

I do remember it wasnt part of a series but a standalone novel.

Any of this excerpt ring a bell? Its got big cats and stuff .

The City under Ground is a
fantasy about life after The Bomb. It is the year 3000; our world was
destroyed 1000 years before. The survivors of the catastrophe inhabit a
society below what is now Montreal. They are technologically
sophisticated. They generate electricity by tapping energy from the
earth’s core, have built an elaborate network of trains and moving
sidewalks to connect parts of the city, and have even discovered the
miraculous Upsilon rays which destroy organisms instantaneously. People
have lost their hair, live on synthetic food in the form of pills, and
enjoy doses of synthetic sunshine. Understandably, they are deathly
afraid of the outer world, of the radiation and contamination they
suppose still exists. No one ventures to go there. Except our hero Luke,
that is. We follow him to the surface and through various adventures.
The world has recovered from nuclear devastation. There are forests and
puma cats. There is even a tribe of people living on the surface. They
are technologically backward, with an economy rather like that of the
Middle Ages.

Nope sorry just spent another hour searching again and just realised you posted before and I never noticed (sorry) beginning to believe I'll never find it now I still believe I've mixed a few books maybe quite a few in my head

A possible answer I found on another site yesterday (but I cleared my browser memory and can't find the link!)

Mindwarp: Earthsearch by James Follet.. it's a prequel to the Earthsearch books

What I remember from yesterday..

This boy and his gf escape an underground city. They climb up through abandoned levels and emerge in an underground amusement park....they are in a second underground city nearer to the surface

They continue with their ascent and eventually emerge on the real surface, but they don't even recognize it as such, they think the sun is like a giant light bulb. They are now on an island but easy journey to the mainland with old boats

They head across the plains to distant mountains (where they find a deserted spaceport with a working starship) but en route they have to overcome being stalked by a hungry puma

I hope you can find a link to get more info

Last edited:
Just checked mindwarp, forgot I had it on my kindle app from 2018, no sorry that's not it, I seriously believe I've mixed a few books in my head over the years now, cheers anyway Danny

Just checked mindwarp, forgot I had it on my kindle app from 2018, no sorry that's not it, I seriously believe I've mixed a few books in my head over the years now, cheers anyway Danny
Ah well, I tried.
BTW this was where I got the info about an amusement arcade and an island and a big cat (puma)

Manson took that as a call to start a race war. Over here, it generally means disorganized chaos.

To our friends across the Pond, what is a “helter skelter”?
victorian-helter-skelter-ride-on-a-fairground-at-a-steam-show-in-yorkshire-A0FAGT.jpg

Back