2.08 Til Death

FireDragon-16

Chelsea
The machine spits out two numbers simultaneously: Daniel and Sabrina Drake, a husband and wife team that owns their own small but lucrative publishing firm. Reese and Finch believe they are targeted by a Maryland militia leader on whom their firm had published an expose. Their ideas are soon changed as they realize the Drake's are not only the targets, but the perpetrators as well. Reese and Finch realize that they not only have to stop the hit men, but also find some way for the Drake's to reconcile their marriage. Throughout all of this, we flash back on Finch's relationship with Grace and it looks like Carter may be about to start a relationship of her own.

I thought the episode was pretty good, especially as you dig through the Drake's lives, trying to find what the problem with their marriage is and you see all the pain that the two of them have been hiding from each other.

It was really sweet seeing Finch's relationship with Grace. He really seems to care about her.

Hm. Hate to be the contrarian here but, if I've got the right episode, I nearly quit watching the series at the "Oh, honey, I'm sorry I tried to kill you. *smooch*" line. It was bad enough that the episode had two homicidal foul-tempered spouses spontaneously "getting over" attempted murder but the script writers should know that, when doing the utterly implausible, you say "Look, nothing up my sleeve" while misdirecting - you don't come out and have your characters speak the central absurdity aloud.

That said, while I think I missed an episode or two amidst all the reruns (here in the States, at least, most everything's a rerun from just before Thanksgiving to just after New Year's), I did catch a couple that I liked much better than this one so I'm still watching.

(Hm, looking over wikipedia, it looks like I saw 9, 10, and 12 and only missed 11. Seems like I liked 9 and liked 12 overall and don't remember hating 10, though it seems like it had problems.)