The Merchant of Dreams - paperback/audiobook giveaway

Anne Lyle

Fantastical historian
Cambridge, UK. Or London, c.1593 - some days it's
Hi all!

Brian alerted me to the fact that I'd failed to mention that my new book is out, and since I'm doing a giveaway on my blog, this seemed an ideal time to mention it!

The Merchant of Dreams is the sequel to my debut Elizabethan fantasy The Alchemist of Souls which came out in March 2012, and follows the continuing adventures of swordsman-turned-spy Mal Catlyn, this time in Venice.

This week and next week, I'm giving away signed paperbacks and CD audiobooks on my blog:

http://www.annelyle.com/blog/goodies/the-merchant-of-dreams-giveaway-part-1/

Anne, let me jump in here and ask a question... you being a tech-savvy person (I love your Geek Writer blog).

I bought The Merchant of Dreams for kindle, but need to read Alchemist of Souls first. However, Amazon US doesn't have it in kindle version and Amazon UK won't let me purchase from them - it keeps re-directing me to the US site (probably because of my location).

If I understand correctly, I can buy it from the Angry Robot store and then transfer it to my ipad, right?

Off on holiday next week and looking forward to reading them!

Great news! Although I already knew that, having got the email about it from the Robot Trading Co. awhile back. :)

I got the ebook through them already. Unfortunately, I've yet to see the physical books over here in NZ. :(

I'm getting around to reading it, got a couple of books to finish first though.

Last edited:
Hi Juliana!

1. There most certainly is a US Kindle version, though Amazon's database is a bit flaky and doesn't always link between editions properly:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005411EL4/?tag=brite-21

2. Even if it weren't, the Robot Trading Company sell DRM-free ebooks, so you could also convert the book to .mobi format (e.g. using the free Calibre application) and copy it to your Kindle. Or just read it in iBooks.

It's really up to you :)

@Warren Paul: it's only just appeared in bookshops here - the Christmas break and warehouse closures have caused some delays. Hopefully it will arrive soon!