Discussion -- 300 Word Challenge #8

Congratulations Mouse! Do you remember the very first 75 word challenge, when you tied in 1st place and lost the tie-breaker? This feels much better, doesn't it??

And commiserations to The Judge, for a hard-fought 1st place, and then losing the tie-break.

Excellent stories, both.

Well done, Mouse. Are we going to have a cheesy theme next Qtr?

There is always next month, Judge.

Last edited:
Well done to both of you, Congrats Mouse!

TJ, I know you won a 75 word last year so you were a bride for a brief time!!! Some of us are never even invited to the wedding! :)

Sorry TJ, this is obviously my fault for a shoddy voting timetable which meant I failed to vote in either poll because I was either asleep or elsewhere at the time I intended to vote (last minute).

Congratulations Mouse! Do you remember the very first 75 word challenge, when you tied in 1st place and lost the tie-breaker? This feels much better, doesn't it??

Hey, I have won the 75-worder once, y'know! :p Though it was in a tie-breaker too. One of these days I'll write something that wins outright. Maybe. :D

Thanks, guys. There is a surplus 'that' in my entry though, that irritates the crap out of me every time I see it. Next time, I'll edit the damn thing properly!

Ooh, also wondered if anyone thought the guy could've already been dead?

Congratulations, Mouse! :)

And well done, The Judge, for reaching the final.

They were both excellent stories.

Hey, I have won the 75-worder once, y'know! :p Though it was in a tie-breaker too. One of these days I'll write something that wins outright. Maybe. :D

Thanks, guys. There is a surplus 'that' in my entry though, that irritates the crap out of me every time I see it. Next time, I'll edit the damn thing properly!

Ooh, also wondered if anyone thought the guy could've already been dead?

Um, I read it that he was an undead in a dead world and couldn't die again? Is that what you mean?

That was my idea when I wrote it, yeah. I think after reading Perp's comments I started wondering how else it could've been interpreted, and wondered if anyone (probably not, cos it's pretty simple) thought that perhaps he was a ghost and everyone else was there and fine and normal, but cos he was dead, he couldn't see them.

I did, too. Figured he was rich enough to afford expensive "live forever" medical technology, and then the Mayan calendar was right, and he got to live forever through the apocalypse and out the other side.

But a ghost haunting a dead world works, too.

P.S. Congratulations, Mouse. Commiserations, Your Honour.

Ta.

Yep, the immortal thing was in my head. I've got a thing about immortals lately, I just think it'd be a hell of a depressing thing. I wonder about ghosts and stuff too. If ghosts are real, what happens to them after the world ends? And spirits in heaven and what have you. Weirds me out.

I'm really sorry to Stormcrow and Crystal Haven for not acknowledging your kind votes for my story!

Over that period, I did not have access to internet for more than 2 weeks and so I missed your posts. Catching up on my return, I only read the stuff about the tie-breaker poll.

Most 'umble apologies :eek:

pH