Which books has GRRM provided a quote for?

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
I've noticed a few books I've bought recently have quotes from GRRM on them - presumably to help share a little of his popularity.

Got to admit, it's beginning to feel a little flooded, though. However, when I stop to check it doesn't seem so many.

So I figured it might be useful to find out how many different books have a GRRM quote on them.

Books offhand I can find a GRRM quote on the cover for:

Lies of Locke Lamora - Scott Lynch
Red seas under red skies - Scott Lynch
Shadow and Betrayal - Daniel Abraham
Best served cold - Joe Abercrombie

Without making the effort to drag myself off my chair and check my shelf I can add:

** Lord of Light (Zelazny)
** Book of the New Sun (Wolf)
** Leviathan Wakes (Corey or Abraham/Franck)
** The same quote appears on most Robin Hobb books (her books are like diamonds in a sea of zarcons – something vaguely like that)
** Lots of well known authors (GRRM and Guy Gavriel Kay) have provided glowing quotes for Swordspoint by Ellen Kushner.

The Hobb and Kushner quotes must date from long before GRRM became the huge star he is.

Coragem

provided glowing quotes for Swordspoint by Ellen Kushner.

Coragem

Thanks, Cor. I'd never heard of this. Just read a bit more of it and ordered it. If GRRM, GGK, and Gaiman have such good things to say about it, I'm in.

There is also a quote from GRRM in Joe Abercrombie's Red Country too. It might be the same one from Best Served Cold though. Will have to check.

Thanks, Cor. I'd never heard of this (Swordspoint by Kushner). Just read a bit more of it and ordered it. If GRRM, GGK, and Gaiman have such good things to say about it, I'm in.
If you order Swordspoint and like that...and you're not familiar with Kushner's work then I can also recommend the stand-alone work 'Thomas the Rhymer'. It's a very finely crafted novel. In addition to being a recipient of the World Fantasy Award, Neil (Gaiman) is similarly highly praiseworthy of this work.

Back