Your SFF Christmas Present Hauls!

HoopyFrood

It's me! Hurrah!
Merry Christmas!

So what SFF themed gifts did you get this year?

Living with No One means I got quite the awesome haul of SFF gifts this year. Bless him. Usually my family don't quite know enough about all that SFF stuff to know what to get.

So I received an awesome Wonder Woman figure, a Silk Spectre II figure and Ozymandias figure (my two favourites from that series) and he also got us both some Halo dog tags to wear.

And the best bit, a brilliant Batwoman t-shirt!

IMAG0184.jpg

Woot!

So what did you all get?

I do ok, too, cos mr springs is familiar with the genre. I got, last week, a chris beckett book and cowboys vs.aliens, and today i got two prachett hardbacks i haven't read, including the Wee Free Men, which I am really into. I also got Stephen King on writing, and a set of fab sci fi metallic bookmarks, complete with a picture of a space opera- esque blaster. Oh and a wonderful handcrafted notebook with a handmade clasp for all my writerly ideas. And a set of steampunk plauing cards.
Just had the third of seven parties, taking a breather then out in an hour to the next!

Quite the haul Springs :)

Besides some (much needed) clothing bits from various sources, I've got a spiffy design tablet now plugged into my pc to play with, courtesy of the Hoopy One. Along with that came an awesome lead figure of Marvel's Mephisto (a long-time favourite of mine) and a Halo wallet. Yeah, a Halo wallet. Love it.

Oh, and a wooden rabbit :D. He's a special little fella, cos I was born in the year of the rabbit, and wood is my element (according to the Chinese calendar).

Only SFF thing I got was Misfits series 1,2 & 3 on DVD. :D

Hmm. Now you mention it I don't think I got a single SFF present. However, history stuff that I wanted did turn up (Blackadder audio CDs and a book about European history).

Books
* Bruce Sterling - The Caryatids
* Alastair Reynolds - Zima Blue
* Frank Herbert - Under Pressure

DVD
* Repo Man

and a gift card that will likely transmute into more SF if CDs or non-SF DVDs don't eat it up first. :)

I posted about my books already in the general "Book Hauls" thread but here they are again:

"Incredible Adventures" - Algernon Blackwood
"Collected Stories, Vol. 2: Second Variety" - Philip K. Dick
"The Man Who Collected Machen and other stories" - Mark Samuels
"The Croning" - Laird Barron
"Imaro" - Charles Saunders
"Kull Exile of Atlantis" - Robert E. Howard

In addition, I received "John Carter" on Blu-ray which I haven't seen yet and am looking forward to immensely.

I received something very, very special this year. A 14" hyper accurate model of Robby the Robot. Gosh it is fabulous! Made for the Japanese market, of course. The Japanese make the best toys!!!! Erm, I mean collectibles, of course. :)

The Japanese make the best toys!!!! Erm, I mean collectibles, of course. :)

Of course! :)

In addition, I received "John Carter" on Blu-ray which I haven't seen yet and am looking forward to immensely.

Hope you enjoy it - I was surprised by how much I did.

a gift card that will likely transmute into more SF if CDs or non-SF DVDs don't eat it up first. :)

Assuming they arrive okay, it did indeed transmute into CDs and

* Stephen Baxter - Traces
* Fritz Leiber - Night's Black Agents (his first collection from 1947, in the expanded 1978 edition)

Alas, like thaddeus I received nothing in the vein of SFF. The closest I got was the new The Casual Vacancy book by JK Rowling which while definitely Fiction so far has not yielded a shred of either Science Fiction or Fantasy (nor was I expecting it to).

On the other hand (and similar to J-Sun), I did receive a couple of Barnes and Noble gift cards.....:D

I didn't get a single book, the most voracious reader in the family and everyone else (OK maybe not everyone but it felt like it) got books.
I did, however, get my second love. Socks! Some from Santa, some from my sisters, some from my mom. And the candlesticks I ordered should come this week and make my room more fanciful.

Back