Into Darkness Trailer out today

That does look potentially good. Mind you, the Prometheus trailer looked fantastic and generally that seemed to get a lukewarm response when the film itself arrived.

Too little there to make any real impression, so we will see. First impressions for me are middle of the road. Why can't I shake the feeling I am watching some kind of Star Trek/Dark Knight hybrid?

And what is it with the throaty voices of bad guys these days? Guess I'd be mad if I had a 30 year sore throat, too!

One thing looks rather certain, this is a "planet" story. I far prefer Starship stories. To be fair, the first movie was a Starship story, so I guess the second being a planet story is not unreasonable.....

By the way, someone suggested to me that the bad guy is Gary Mitchell, the original Kirk's best friend who gains super psionic powers. No idea if he is right or not but it is suspicious that the new blond in the upcoming film has the same type of hairdo that Sally Kellerman's character wore in the same original series episode Where No Man Has Gone Before.

There are also rumours that the baddie is Khan, although how he would fit into this re-imagined universe is anyone's guess.

Yes, but Prometheus didn't have a hugely enjoyable (direct) predecessor.

Hugely enjoyable, but as full of plot holes as a hole-filled...plot...thing. Which is what happens when you mess with time travel. Hopefully this one is thought-through a little better.

Hugely enjoyable, but as full of plot holes as a hole-filled...plot...thing. Which is what happens when you mess with time travel. Hopefully this one is thought-through a little better.

MASSIVE plot holes, actually, and just bad writing plot points. But, yeah, hugely enjoyable, too. This movie looks intense, as Cumberbach is a great actor. I like the starship taking a swim. My only concern is JJ will add poor plot points to this one too. In the description for the movie it says this baddie will detonate the FLEET? Really? There was sooo much unnecessary destruction in the first film (47 Klingon Warships wasted by a mining ship?). It's really the reason I got sick and tired of Deep Space Nine, the space battles got to be so over the top. Star Wars does a much better (more believable mass space battle) than Star Trek. I hope there is not a lot to compromise to enjoy this film for me.

Just saw it. Safe to say it was my 9th favorite Trek film. Great Casting, good acting, beautiful art design, bad bad writing.

Bad, but not quite as bad as the previous film. I could only count the issues on one hand.

A good ride, as expected, and worth seeing for fans.