2.07: Critical

J-Sun

Lenny's post on 2.06 seems a lot like how I felt about this one. This was so implausible in so many ways that it was an almost worthless ep but, if you leave that aside, it was somehow still the same slick, gripping, formula of entertaining television. But I'm going to be needing a lot more (and less) real soon.

I was just noting that I was worried about too many characters in this show, so they go and introduce two more recurring characters (one who was recurring and one who will) and one of those guys is a con that they invite into their bat cave, show him how to handle the dog, and invite him to their computer??? I hope they go over that thing with a fine-tooth comb and that they strip-searched the guy to make sure he didn't have a thumbdrive on him. And this special ops crime ring is going to play by so many rules while killing people? And let so much so near their plan go so awry without pulling the plug, and have this thing so well covered and so well planned, yet leave a maze for the girl to be walked out of? And the two women had zero chemistry. I'm not sure if there should have been a point that they were women or if it was the point that there was no point but, as far as I could see, there was no point. And why did the criminal ring mess with their Plan A when - aside from Finch's rare physical heroics - Plan B was so much better? (The evil nurse/assistant, I mean.) And she wasn't suspicious (as well as the normal assistants) about strange doctors being brought in for no reason from nowhere? And so on.

Oh, and how can Stanton (assuming that's who it was - I didn't get a good look) and Carter be such awful shots? They were basically standing in a big gun barrel of a hallway where, if you can literally shoot straight at all, someone has to get hit. Und so weiter.

So how a show can be that ridiculous (or at least it seemed that way to me - maybe I'm wrong) and yet still be effective in many ways, I just don't know. But I'll be tuning in next week. But just hoping for more coherence and plausibility... and fewer recurring characters.

I thought this episode was very good and showed more of the classical side, while it progressed swiftly the "root" angle. And not only that they also brought in a new player, who surely is going to cause a big headache at Man in Suit at some point.

Little overly critical J-Sun because i thought it was a very good ep. I agree though i didnt really understand how they let asian con in their headquarters, use Finch computer. They must have been naive or thought he was not dangerous.

I like seeing little of Reese old CIA partner story come back. Carter didnt have much chance against a better black Ops operator who was Reese partner. She made it dark for Carters shots to hit. Did you miss that part? It would been weak, unrealistic if some city cop was better than old CIA killer.

Little overly critical J-Sun because i thought it was a very good ep.

Maybe so. :) Still, bringing that guy into the sanctum sanctorum, even if every other aspect of the show was cast-iron solid, was just crazily bad writing if your characters are supposed to be at all sane.

Carter didnt have much chance against a better black Ops operator who was Reese partner. She made it dark for Carters shots to hit. Did you miss that part? It would been weak, unrealistic if some city cop was better than old CIA killer.

Okay, so you're saying Stanton shot the lights and Carter missed in the dark. I saw it as Stanton and Carter shooting more or less simultaneously with the intent to kill and the only result was a shot-out light. I guess the writer's must have intended what you saw. I guess the objective was to get Snow away from Carter rather than to eliminate Carter.

I also wondered about them giving Leon so much access, but they saved his life at least twice, if not more, know absolutely everything about him, and while he may not be trusted, I can't see him surviving much longer without them helping him yet again. Plus, he has no idea where the batcave is. I see it as my enemy is your enemy.

Back