News Breaking:Disney Acquire Lucasfilm Star Wars 7 in 2015

Star Wars: The Next Generation

With a bald smuggling starship captain and Wookies with a new honour code and stange foreheads?

Doesn't sound quite so appealing when you put it like that.

thankfully Disney is a largely hands-off parent company, seeing how Pixar and Marvel run almost completely autonomously. It seems Disney's only concern is profitability, and both Pixar and Marvel (particularly Marvel Studios) have provided clearly positive results (Toy Story 3, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America and the Avengers - remember that Incredible Hulk and Iron Man came out before the sale of Marvel to Disney).
Seems all Star Wars fans should be excited rather than concerned. The franchise has been considerably cheapened by controversial re-edits, tragic writing and appalling direction (Hayden Christensen is a very talented actor - Attack of the Clones destroyed his career (though luckily for him not nearly as badly as the OT did to Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher's).
Disney products usually have a level of polish that makes everything better (Tink's fairy dust perhaps?). Hopefully we'll get our Sequel Trilogy and once done, for other films, they'll go in a different direction... i'd cry if i saw a fourth trilogy.

Star Wars: The Next Generation

With a bald smuggling starship captain and Wookies with a new honour code and stange foreheads?

Literally LOL!!! I'm nearly FOF.

With this direction the old crew might just do.

That's a wonderful gesture by George Lucas and my respect for him has just leaped up quite a bit.:)

Giving such a large amount to charity is a great thing for George Lucas to do. I'm impressed. On the whole buyout issue, I remain undecided. I liked most of the original trilogy (ewoks aside :eek:), but the way Lucas started to take later films left me cold. Maybe Disney will reinvigorate the next set of movies, but I'm not convinced. I'd love to be proven wrong, though, and see something great come of it. I live in hope.

I saw this on Google+, by way of Casey McKinnon. Amusing, or I thought so.

384247_10151316296895815_1090489815_n.jpeg

:cool:I remember hearing this in the news and I was happy just to hear they are making another STAR WARS MOVIE. Of course the original three are the better ones I love STAR WARS and yes JAR JAR BINKS I don't care what everybody thinks of him he's cute. But anyways these are good movies and from what I remember from reading somewhere, he wrote a lot more to STAR WARS then there are movies that he plans on making. But it is going to be interesting to see how DISNEY does this, I'll watch DISNEY MOVIES just won't watch their channel anymore.:D