Patrick Rothfuss and the Eolian Harp

Boneman

The Eolian harp is a conversational poem by Samuel Taylor Coleridge (he of The Rime of the Ancient Mariner fame) all about expressing his love for Sara, and the pleasure of conjugal love... Pat's partner is Sarah... I guess he's entitled to (sort of) hide his love in a not so hidden oblique reference.

But... With that in mind, understanding that Pat's not averse to hiding things where we see them but don't, and having recently read WMF again I'm coming to the conclusion that most of the masters at the University must be hiding in plain sight. The Chancellor goes sick but nobody sees him, Gillers run all over the world for them, and their knowledge is second to none. The Amyr? When discussing it with the Maer, Kvothe says this about the fact that there are no written references to the Amyr anywhere in the University: "who would have better reason (to remove all information about the Amyr) than the Amyr themselves?" And I've mentioned before about Lorren's Giller who searches the world for rare texts.

How long do we have to wait for the next book?:mad:

Very interesting about the Eolian Harp and the Amyr, Boneman. I'm afraid I didn't pick up on either of those :eek:

I'm still waiting patiently for my copy of his next book! :rolleyes:

We'll find out one day.... soon... And there's a bit where Chronicler says something about not being able to remove the marks from the paving where he (Kvothe) killed him... not saying all the masters, but possibly, just possibly, one of 'em!

I'm really sorry to put on my Corrector hat but, that was actually the guy who recognized him from the trading caravan who stayed the night... Kvothe had Bast drug him and he forgot...

Sorry, I hate doing that!