My website

Jo Zebedee

Aliens vs Belfast.
Supporter
I'm feeling terribly serious now as a writer... I have a website.

http://www.jozebedee.com/

There are a few more things to go onto it, which will be uploaded in the next day or two: sample chapters of each of the books. I'm hoping it reflects something of the nature of the books, science fiction that doesn't take itself too seriously.

Ps, mods please shift if in the wrong place, but it felt exciting enough to be a press release. :eek::)

Last edited:
Very nice there springs...how is the part time cat by the way? Last I heard he was doing one of his away sessions...

Are you after feedback?

If yes, then

1. I decided I liked the coloured cartoon sort of characters on the moonlit black and white background - at first thought mm, not things I'd put together, but then reckoned I liked it. Different.

2. The auto swap over to the next bit of text was too fast for me to read some of the longer sections. Nice bit of gizmo, but too fast. (And I'm a pretty fast reader).

On the techie side - I am using Mozilla Firefox v 16.0.1

Still part time, which is a problem cos i can't take him to the kennels. Still he's survived two months without food from here, so i guess he'll manage a weekend. :)

Are you after feedback?

If yes, then

1. I decided I liked the coloured cartoon sort of characters on the moonlit black and white background - at first thought mm, not things I'd put together, but then reckoned I liked it. Different.

2. The auto swap over to the next bit of text was too fast for me to read some of the longer sections. Nice bit of gizmo, but too fast. (And I'm a pretty fast reader).

On the techie side - I am using Mozilla Firefox v 16.0.1

Ty. I can get the speed changed, I think. I think a click holds it, too. On the techie side, I have no idea, I'm just very lucky to have a lovely supportive person to help me. :)

@bm, I think the blog link is fixed. It worked for me the last time.

Good site! Like the graphics a lot! Will take time to look around more later - not to be rushed, i think!

Ty. I can get the speed changed, I think. I think a click holds it, too. On the techie side, I have no idea, I'm just very lucky to have a lovely supportive person to help me. :)

@bm, I think the blog link is fixed. It worked for me the last time.

Yeah I found the change a bit quick, too. Do I have to sign in to read the blog? Still takes me to google blogger...

What Montero says, below...

Blog link doesn't work for me either - takes me to a log in page for Blogger, not your specific blog.

Blog link doesn't work for me either.

Now if I knew your username and password...

You're all brilliant. The time has been extended and the blog link should have been changed to work? I think i am getting it because it is taking me to my home page.... This is going to be a longer learning curve than writing the things... :)

Yup blog link works now...However I will say that the website doesn't scale itself down to fit into a smaller window (or have a scroll bar), I have to snap my FF to full screen in order to see it all...

Last edited:
Looks good. Very clean, very easy to navigate, and I really like the different icons. :cool:

Hey Springs!

Great minds? We both put up a site at the same time!

I love your design - and the spinning pics are so cute!!! I have a couple of pointers to make, though, one which will VERY much help you.

1) The most important point first. GET RID OF YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS!!! You've put it in as a simple "mailto:" code, which spam bots trawl the web for and harness, which means within a few months your email address will be flooded with spam. If you want to have people message you, either build or install a contact me form (if you're not tech-savvy, you can get a free one from http://www.emailmeform.com/), or write your email using curly font and make it into a picture to add to your page. Spam bots can't read images (unless the spammers pay for expensive tech). Just make sure your email font isn't too plain. I've made one for you as an example (below).

2) I can't read white text on a black background. I have vision problems with it, and it hurts to read. Is there any way you could have the writing in a faded whitish box? (If that won't look right, ignore me; no point changing your site just for me. But be aware that there are a lot of people out there who are like me and say it hurts their eyes. And there's no way I could read a whole sample chapter that was on a black background! Eep!)

3) The ocean/light pic doesn't merge into the black background on my screen. Is this meant? If you bring the contrast and/or "levels" of the pic down in an art package, it will merge better. I've attached one I altered for you, in case that helps. :)

4) "part time cat" should be "part-time cat"

Springs_Light.jpg

SPrings_Mail.jpg

If you like them, download them to your computer (right-click on them and hit "Save Image", or whatever option you have), then use them on your site. :)

Hope this helps!

Cheers leisha for the feedback. The email isnt my personal email, its for the site only, so i can keep an eye on this. The files are going to be pdf so i dont think they will be black.

As a few of you know i am totally non tech savvy, so someone built it for me, so i can feed back to them. I did learn some stuff from doing it, though.