short story about introduction of weapons to humans ending with arrival of 'the vron'

zoon

I'm trying to track down a short story from the 1970s, about someone who finds themselves on some kind if ship/station, where aliens are introducing weapons and war to humanity at various points in history.

This person kills the aliens, and uses the technology to re-direct history, I remember the young Napoleon being drowned, etc.

The result is a peaceful Earth, until at the end of the story 'the Vron' (I think) arrive, a war-like race, in spaceships.

I also remember that at one point he looked out of a window on the station, and reeled at the sight of 'nothingness'.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

Adrian

Re: short story about introduction of weapons to humans ending with arrival of 'the v

There was another search request for a book about time travellers going into the past to make human history more warlike - for instance, arranging for Hitler to succeed - because humanity had to be made ready for an alien invasion in the future. Could this be the same book?

Re: short story about introduction of weapons to humans ending with arrival of 'the v

I think I've just tracked down the thread you mean, by a Peter Bradford, and that's definetly a differrent story - the people doing the manipulation in my short story were alien in some way.

Thanks anyway