5.03: Merlin - The Death Song of Uther Pendragon

ctg

weaver of the unseen
4ku1jl.jpg

When a stranger gives Arthur the power to summon the dead, the king finds himself torn between head and heart. Unable to resist temptation, he seizes the chance to speak to the person he misses most - his father, Uther.

The Monster of Week: Uther Pendragon. :D:D:D

Fear not. He's not officially back as the producers don't dare bring him permanently. The fans just wouldn't have that, would they?

I did love that had balls to bring Uther back as the monster of the week and of all the episodes in five seasons this one was especially good. Not smackingly brilliant as there's always something that rubs wrong way, but one sparkling episode among the lot. And reason for that was the haunted castle.

I for one thought that they would had done old ghost business with transparent people but no, that's not what happened as the old grumpy one comes back as a poltergeist. It suited him so well. And even in his angriest moment he tried to turn Arthur's head around. Not good as the king raises the mythical horn on his lips he tried to biggest thing and shout: "Merlin has ma--"

LOL.

Man it's not going to happen. It will in his death moment when he realises that Merlin was a conjurer all along and then he will see the great dragon coming down from the sky to flame grill the enemy. And talking about the enemy, it's good to see Mordred sharing the table and kings feast with the knights. They just didn't bring him in for an episode but actually try to build an story arch.

So allow me to ask, what did you guys thought about it? Was it better then seeing the Dirty Dancing "lift" in the strictly?

Well... Beau (my dog) watched this one but it was too scary for him and he was freaking out and growling at all the jumpy bits. I don't think he enjoyed it.

I thought it was ok. A bit of filler. Didn't like the implied Arthur's-now-going-to-punch-Merlin bit at the end. But yeah, it was ok. Liked the Percival/Gwaine little bit of banter.

If it's somethin' weird an' it don't look good, Who ya gonna call? Ghostbusters!

They even did a Scooby Doo and got themselves split up!

But yes, probably one of the best episodes, and it would have been better still if scheduled next week for Halloween.

...as the king raises the mythical horn on his lips he tried to biggest thing and shout: "Merlin has ma--"
That has really gone beyond a joke now.

They even did a Scooby Doo and got themselves split up!

LOL. That is seriously funny Dave. I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that.

ctg said:
...as the king raises the mythical horn on his lips he tried the biggest thing and shout: "Merlin has ma--"
That has really gone beyond a joke now.

I know. They cannot reveal his magic now. No way. The show has to roll on as it was deviced or it'll be ruined.

Having been at BristolCon, I only watched this last night. I was dreading Uther's return, but I thought they handled it well.

Definitely one of the better episodes.