Scott Lynch - The Lies of Lock Lamora

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
Just read this and really enjoyed it. :)

I know there are a few old threads from when it debuted, but it looks like Republic of Thieves will be out shortly, which hopefully means that the Gentlemen Bastards are going to be back in a regular manner. :)

Republic of Thieves. Prince of Thieves is Kevin Costner. ;)

But yes, it is a good book - fantastic debut! The second is a good read, too, and if I remember correctly, leads in to the third (when it's published).

I've just finally read the first book too and liked it very much indeed. Locke Lamora is really well developed. I alternated between wanting to give him a hug as well as a home and giving him a tight slap and sending him to bed without supper.

Am now waiting for the second book to arrive.

The wiki page now has Republic of Thieves scheduled for release in September of 2013. It was previously slated for October of 2012. I really hope the later date is incorrect.

I thought it was a great debut novel and I'm holding out on reading the second until I know that Republic of Thieves is actually coming out.

Read both, I rate Red Seas Under Red Skies slightly higher higher than Lies of Locke Lamora. Didn't realise there is going to be 7 books hopefully there will be less of a gap between the others.

The wiki page now has Republic of Thieves scheduled for release in September of 2013. It was previously slated for October of 2012. I really hope the later date is incorrect.

Nope.
On bookdepository alone there are like 5 release dates. At this point in time a lot of the series fans are just going MEH! about the whole thing, seeing as mister Scott Lynch can't seem to pull himself together after his personal life problems.

I am the opposite of nixie. I loved Lies but Red Seas fell pretty flat for me. I'm still on board for the third book when it comes out but that is just on the strength of book one.

Busy with this book now and it's really enjoyable. The story is building nicely and the pace is good. I love the dialogue so far and the quirky nature of the characters.

I read The lies of Lock Lamora recently and loved it.I am delighted to learn that there are more books in the series.
I particularly liked the way it ended with a couple of twists.Scott Lynch is a young writer and I hope will keep writing for a very long time.

Really enjoyed Lies, some fantastic sections and real cliff hangers! Although thought part of the ending was a bit too much like a huge Hollywood set piece. Started Red Seas last night and it's good so far!