AMC's Breaking Bad - The series that was banned in the uk!

ctg

weaver of the unseen
It's amazing and I can only wonder why it was banned in the Britain. Well, when I say banned, it was slotted after twelve a o'clock. But think about it, I have just recently watched all four season and I'm now catching up on fifth in the multiple Emmy series, and I have to say it's truly wonderful.

If you watch it one after another style, you quickly develop how deeply written character Wally really is, while the pacing in the story keep amazingly high. What makes him extraordinarily interesting is that he's deeply developed as a misunderstood, gone-bad scientist.

When I say gone-bad, he's an anti-hero. A true hero. And what he does is considered evil in our society. The Authorities doesn't want to talk about it, as it's a banned subject in our civilization.

But when you get it, you'll see that none of the character-driven stories. you have previously seen is as good as this is.

Not even the infamous AMC's the Walking Dead.

And in my opinion that's quite much of saying. Because the Walking Dead is brilliant. :)

I'm surprised that there's no comments. Not even from the American side, as from what I've understood it's really one of the most watched cable series after the Walking Dead.

That's a damn shame, ctg. Breaking Bad is hands down one of the best shows coming from the States in the last several years.

I'm on the fence when it comes to The Walking Dead. I actually write for a Zombie site on and off, and our staff pretty much agrees that it doesn't deserve near the hype it has received for the two seasons thus far. We enjoy it, but mostly for the horror elements. I'm completely unsympathetic for most of the characters, and the main plot isn't terribly strong, in my opinion.

It does, however, exceed extraordinarily well when it comes to tension/horror. I can't even think of a TV show that comes remotely close.

I'm surprised that there's no comments. Not even from the American side, as from what I've understood it's really one of the most watched cable series after the Walking Dead.

The Breaking is one of the best written shows i have ever seen. Its quality is rarely matched in tv. Bryan Cranston is great.

Breaking Bad is big cult hit here, it has been rarely on tv here that alot of fans are downloading it but i refuse. I have watched season 2 last year and season 3 dvd just last week. An immense series that deserve all its critical,fan acclaim.

I think not many comments here because its a short cable season show that is old news hype wise to its fans.

This multi-year, multi-Emmy winning series keeps surprising till the end Connovar. It's so-o good. And the season finals only get better further you go down the road. Walter almost leaves behind his humanity as and when he deals with his advisories. And the criminal elements, well... they are very well portrayed and really show that when a man abandons the good and breaks bad, things can ... be most exciting for the audience.

I recommend this series to anyone except the youngest members in the family. And I'm a wee bit surprised that Swedish decision makers has followed British footprints. What does that say about our western civilization?

This multi-year, multi-Emmy winning series keeps surprising till the end Connovar. It's so-o good. And the season finals only get better further you go down the road. Walter almost leaves behind his humanity as and when he deals with his advisories. And the criminal elements, well... they are very well portrayed and really show that when a man abandons the good and breaks bad, things can ... be most exciting for the audience.

I recommend this series to anyone except the youngest members in the family. And I'm a wee bit surprised that Swedish decision makers has followed British footprints. What does that say about our western civilization?

Walt personal story,struggles with his family,mortality is everything to me, it draws me in much more than his gangster story. I hated Skyler in season 3 for cheating on him,treating him like she has been doing just because i feel so much for Walt. That and Pinkman growth,struggle being clean is great drama,story.

I actually saw first season when it was new tv and it was on 3,4 in the morning why i didnt follow it before now.

I have been to many DVD,gaming stores in town asking when can they order season 4 DVD.

I made my father a fan of the series, he saw the last seasons with me and he asks me often when i will get season 4 :)

You can order Fourth Season from Amazon for $27.90 as long as your DVD player eats multiregionals. But the thing is that it won't have Swedish subs. And Walt, Pinkmank story takes whole new turn in that particular season. The last, fifth one, is really nice change as the fourth marks an ending to a certain chapter in Walt's life.

You can order Fourth Season from Amazon for $27.90 as long as your DVD player eats multiregionals. But the thing is that it won't have Swedish subs. And Walt, Pinkmank story takes whole new turn in that particular season. The last, fifth one, is really nice change as the fourth marks an ending to a certain chapter in Walt's life.

I dont care about swedish subs and i saw Season 3 by buying UK import of the dvd. It was unsual to see it without Swedish subs but im used to that now. Its only british tv shows with heavy scottish or heavy english accent i need subs. I cant wait for the slow Swedish DVD versions...

The UK import DVD of season 4 will be realesed in Swedish online sites in 10 october not long to wait halleluya :D

I absolutely love Breaking Bad, particularly the early episodes - the whole concept is just immense.

I keep feeling like there's a risk of it losing me as he has to turn increasingly gangster...but it hasn't yet, although Skyler does get irritating.

Yes to this! The series is one of the best things I've ever seen. I wrote an analysis of its themes and aesthetic just as the fifth season ended (well, the "first half" as they're calling it) and I'm trying to get some of the web mags to take it up but alas with no luck so far. It's endlessly surprising and doesn't fall into the usual hackneyed ruts which most series do.

We’re not gonna please everyone, we’re not gonna please everyone … This is what I keep telling myself so I can sleep at night,” Vince Gilligan laughed last month, even though he wasn’t exactly joking. When he spoke to Vulture, he was putting the finishing touches on the story for the third to last episode, getting very close to tackling the series finale (the show’s last stretch of eight episodes airs on AMC later this year). The writers room had gotten “a little schizophrenic,” said Gilligan: They’ve been taking twice as long as normal, or about three and a half weeks, to break each of these concluding episodes, and rather than building from the ground up, they’ve had to do a little reverse-engineering to arrive where they must by the end. All of which is to say, he’s more frazzled than usual, anxiously working to tie things up beautifully. “It’s going to be polarizing no matter how you slice it,” Gilligan said, “but you don’t want 10 percent to say it was great and 90 percent to say it sucked ass. You want those numbers to be reversed.” Without giving anything away (would anyone really want that?), he took some time to download ten things on his mind as he heads into the homestretch.
http://www.vulture.com/2013/01/vince-gilligan-on-writing-breaking-bad-finale.html

I'm a fan and can't wait. I watched the first four seasons on Netflix and I'm waiting for season five to come out. The show is very unique and has a great character arc. In the beginning, I was rooting for Walt, though he was breaking the law, and I put up with the tertiary characters.
Now... we start seeing Walt's transition into a crime boss, and my sympathy for him starts to evaporate. As my uncomfortable dislike grows, my appreciation and sympathy for the other characters increase.... It seems... the show pushes you away as it draws you in. Though torn, in different directions, I watch with bated breath. I can't wait for the full view.

I saw the first ep of season 4 in Netflix but the quality was real bad with that show compared to other series i watch in Netflix. Im getting S4 DVD next week and cant wait. But i will watch season 5 in Netflix. Buy the DVD later to support the creators.

I look forward talking about the latest eps with you guys.

Breaking Bad is a show that revolves around addiction. Not just the plot, mind you, but the way its fans consume it. There are no casual users. Once you start watching it, suddenly you find yourself sifting through each new episode and plot point with the rigor of a junkie looking for a lost crystal in the carpet.

But no matter how addictive the show may be, you can’t get people hooked on something they won’t sample, and getting viewers to try a new show isn’t easy. Luckily, in the case of Breaking Bad it came along at a time when TV fans were just becoming accustomed to all-you-can-eat viewing thanks to services like Netflix, iTunes and – later – Amazon Instant. It was those services that, according to Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan, allowed fans to catch up on his acclaimed AMC show and join it in later seasons.

“I don’t really have a complete understanding of it or a complete metric for it but I got to believe – my gut tells me–that it’s very possible we wouldn’t have made it to 62 episodes without this creation of these technologies and this cultural creation of binge-watching,” Gilligan told Wired. “Under the old paradigm – using the old technology of simply having first runs and then reruns on networks – I don’t know that we would’ve reached the critical mass that we reached.”

‘In the Breaking Bad world good news doesn’t necessarily last long. It has shelf-life of sushi.’
— Vince Gilligan​

Critical mass, indeed. Breaking Bad has consistently increased its live viewership base over the last three seasons. The show averaged 1.9 million viewers in Season 4 — an increase of 23 percent from Season 3 — and the first half of the final season brought in an average of 2.6 million viewers, according to Nielsen. It’s hard to imagine that many of those new viewers didn’t catch up via weekends lost to back-to-back ...
http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/06/breaking-bad-season-5-dvd/

breaking_bad_5b_teaser_poster_0.jpg

See, I'm abit annoyed at this. I bought the season 5 DVD from Amazon and it said on it 'entire series' and after I had bought and paid for it a friend told me that it was only the first half, sure enough it has 8 episodes only on it.
I'm tempted to complain to Amazon for false advertising as it wasn't the full season. Plus it'll ruin the collection of all 5 series as this one will have 2 boxes at the end. Hmm, maybe its like the Sopranos where the last season had an extra box set for the last few episodes.

Mythbusters taking on AMC’s Breaking Bad. The long-running Discovery Channel series will put some plot mechanics from acclaimed drama to the test, along with some help from Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan and star Aaron Paul.

Myths include whether you can really dissolve a body — and your tub and bathroom floor — with hydrofluoric acid, and if a packet of mercury fulminate crystals can be used as grenade to blow up a room (the latter requires the creation of a bomb-throwing robot).

The special episode will air August 12th. 'Mythbusters' tests 'Breaking Bad' myths, first trailer | Inside TV | EW.com