Writing lectures by Brandon Sanderson

Topher

I watched the camera Panda lectures a few weeks ago and loved them, as a complete novice they were really confidence-building and inspiring. Presumably the different years are fairly similar content-wise? If they're significantly different I'd watch them too, but I'm very aware that I keep finding resources I should read/watch instead of actually trying to write :p

zmunkz

The earlier years all brush over the same topics, but honestly, I got something new out of every one. If you find my channel on YouTube (same screen name as here) I mirror all his lectures back to JordonCon 2010 in one playlist.

msstice

200 words a day = 1 novel/year
He's also posted his 2020 lectures on his own YouTube channel.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I now have this running in the background while I do $day job. Much better than random music on the radio.

therapist

The lecture number 7? from 2020 includes a very different lecture from guest lecturer Mary Robinette Kowal, about writing flash fiction. Did anyone else watch that? I loved the simplicity of it. As a beginner I think it instantly improved my short fiction by making me more aware of my story elements.

Edoc'sil

One day I'll find the words.
Thought I'd cross post to here, I made a discord group for people to join if they want to watch the lectures and then discuss them or start doing the assignments in the lectures with a group so we could critique each other's work and reach the 50,000 goal over 12 weeks or so (weather depending).

Anyway here's wonderwall, I mean the discord group: Join the Brandon's Disciples Discord Server!

sule

"What I do is me: for that I came."
The lecture number 7? from 2020 includes a very different lecture from guest lecturer Mary Robinette Kowal, about writing flash fiction. Did anyone else watch that? I loved the simplicity of it. As a beginner I think it instantly improved my short fiction by making me more aware of my story elements.
I loved it so much I took notes. She's fantastic.