Discussion -- 300 Word Challenge #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking back, I didn't know that the picture would be appearing with the article, otherwise I might have taken sterner measures and squeezed an unambiguous yes or no answer out of you.

Gary, she would have to ask Brian. Editing it would be no problem if he has the time.

Gary, honestly, I'm not worried about it!

Teresa, no probs. It was all new. I was only wondering why the other guys seemed to all be having their names there and I didn't, that was all. I figured it was probably cos mine was the first one.

Zipped-Mouth-300x172.jpg

It was all new ... I figured it was probably cos mine was the first one.

Yes, we were just feeling our way at that point. When we started the thread for the 300 Word Challenge, we didn't even know if there would be enough entries to justify doing it a second time.

We were very glad to find out that there were!

That we've had six quarterly challenges, along with more than two years of monthly challenges in the 75 Word (which I was sure would go the way of the Book Clubs after a couple of months), continues to amaze me.

Just because so many stories were crushed underfoot during Hex's triumphal march to victory (and the ones that Hex didn't mash into the ground, fell under the wheels of DEO's chariot)...

Note to self: must get bigger, spikier, crushier wheels for chariot. And yoke more minions to chariot. And whip those minions harder. Otherwise I'll never overtake Hex. :rolleyes:

P.S. Glad more than one person got the title. In true Evil Overlord fashion, my next Evil Plot (TM) will include a Doomsday Device (TM) attached to one of those big red digital countdown thingies.

Last edited:
If it makes you happy, DEO, I was all on edge -- listening for the shambling of zombie feet for two weeks.

I was equally on edge, Hex, and for exactly the same reason. But zombies ain't the fastest creatures in the fantastical menagerie. I'll have to talk to my industrious industrial necromancers about designs for faster zombies. :)

maybe wheels? or a conveyor belt where all the have to do is stand still and they get moved...

YES! with spikes...and water guns...and a dragon! To flame all obstacles in their way! :D

No, no. Zombies are already dead, so a bit of mistreatment won't bother them, and they're essentially cannon fodder, so we artillerise them a bit. None of your mamby-pamby muzzle loaders, as one might use for fragile circus performers, either; breech loading zombies delivered with their feet already crimped into cartridge cases.

Parachutes? I suppose, if you're soft hearted – though if you have a heart at all you're in the wrong line of business. So, a certain number of them come apart in flight, or on impact; king and country, mate, war is hell and all the rest of the clichés. That'll show Johnny foreigner what we're made of…

Maybe feed them shrapnel, so when they explode on contact...I just had a vision of trebuchets firing zombles :D

If you go back siege warfare included catapulting human and animal carcasses in order to terrify the defenders and spread disease. So extending that on doing the same with zombies is only a natural evolutionary step to take.
However my favourite battlefield tactic remains with the Chinese and their stampeding oxen covered with fireworks.

haha trade out the oxen with zombles and you're sorted...catapulting zombles over walls would be more effective I think, they'll carry on doing damage when they get up and shamble off...

EDIT: what about strapping fireworks to zombles...THEN trebucheting them! ahahahaaaa

I just have an image in my mind some Chinese Generals discussing tactics.
Gen1: "Are we ready to stampede the oxen?"
Gen2: "Yes, they're ready to go and the infantry are ready to mop up any survivors."
Gen1: "Good then we can let off the box of fireworks the Emperor sent over."
Gen3: "Hey, I'll tell you what we could do ..."

Good to see that there are some brains behind all these zombie hordes....

Hopefully more in front, or they'll just turn around and zomble back :wink:

(Hoping the zombie fervor will have worn off by the next challenge, and we won't get a month of zombie stories.*)

_____

*Knowing that if it doesn't, whatever image we choose, it won't save us. It will be zombie balloons, or zombie lollipops, or ...

Last edited:
....Zombie Zombies? Shambling after the other zombies, forcing them to watch bad soaps and chatshows, groaning 'Rickeeey Laaake'. Eventually the odinary zombies hole up in the mall next door to the one the humans are in, which causes the camera crews a certain amount of headaches, as the viewing figures indicate the public finds the beleagured, underdog, ordinary-zombies more sympathetic than the neurotic, backstabbing, human survivors. Eventually the lead zombie retires from brain munching, is elected to political office, and proves a big hit with everyone except his speechwriters who can only find so many ways to work the word 'brains' into a forty minute press conference.

Ummm.... whoops, I think I just posted my zombie story....

Status
Not open for further replies.