Prometheus (2012) - your opinions *No spoilers*

I did have a lot of questions at the end of it including why were so many of the characters morons

This made me chuckle, I had the same response. Compare Interstellar, in which "the very best of us" were sent on the recon missions to scout new habitable planets, to Prometheus, where they've clearly sent a bunch of dunderheads. Especially the ginger one. As if you'd want him on your spaceship.

If the character weren't morons then the wouldn't been much of movie. Oh Wait :p

Given how the first film turned out , I have no enthusiasm for the sequel.

Given how the first film turned out , I have no enthusiasm for the sequel.

Now that it's been four years since the "first", I begin to wonder if we'll really get to a second. And, if so, who will really care.

Now that it's been four years since the "first", I begin to wonder if we'll really get to a second. And, if so, who will really care.

It won't generate the kind of money the first one did.

Filming for Alien: Covenant (Prometheus sequel) is already completed so it looks like we will see it next year. Hopefully the new bunch of characters will have more wits about them.

I had high hopes for this film when it was released; the main trailer that came out just before, made it look just like the kind of tense psychological horror I was hoping for. Unfortunately it was nothing of the kind. With that aside, I will say this... I have a lot of respect for what Ridley Scott was attempting to do with the movie and the idea behind it, I just don't think the script was good enough -- and the editing wasn't to my personal liking either.

I equate it more with a mystical adventure sci-fi with hints of horror; where as it should have been more of an experience containing a hapless crew who find themselves trapped and picked off by an advanced species capable of extreme aggression, that attacks them with a biological/genetic knowledge capable of subjecting them to grotesque deformations (we saw a little hint of this with the black goo -- but it should have been done better and been more prominent). This, in my mind, could have made it worthy of the body-horror genre that was set up in 'Alien'; all the while, leading to the introduction (internal chronology-wise) of the classic alien beast.

all in all, he tried, but he dropped the ball.

Yeah I am really hoping the sequel will be a little better than Prometheus itself. I felt let down by that movie.