June Photo Challenge - Discussion

Sorry mighty Alchemist, but it seemed your former plan leaving the closing DTG blank was a better option, try looking what the Poll says about the closing DTG :p

In the past we could in the poll scheme see WHO voted for the different contestees - I always liked that - great fun :)
That feature seems to be gone now ??

Best from Anivid

Yes, I'd prefer to have the voters visible too. I must have ticked or unticked the wrong box.

As for the closing date, there's only a five minute difference between the automatic close and what it says in the post. So unless somebody's planning to vote in those five minutes, we'll be okay :)

Yes, I'd prefer to have the voters visible too. I must have ticked or unticked the wrong box.
You tick the wrong box ?? - Impossible :p:p
I was more thinking in the lines of the automaton having changed it's habits (systematic change) :)

As for the closing date, there's only a five minute difference between the automatic close and what it says in the post. So unless somebody's planning to vote in those five minutes, we'll be okay :)
Right - am no good in all those a.m. and p.m.s - always sitting calculating - with sometimes very funny results :eek:

I voted for Hope.

The pictures of your son (I'm assuming he's your son) just caught the celebration perfectly. It's hard to imagine a happier picture than the splash one.

We did it Stormfeather – even we were just a few
– and you, SF ? - was the theme too tough for you ? J

Thanks for the vote, mystery voter (well, that bit's my own fault). Just a day left and it's all to play for at the top.

Just in case anyone was wondering, that was not Gary voting for me :D (nice parrot, Gary)

I'm sick of repeating myself!

**I am a good writer**
**I am a good writer**

:):cool:

Thank you all for the votes, yes that's My Beloved Son. About two years between shots.

Voted for Alex's lovely daughters. Showed my dad the fish and he was immeditly jealous, thought it was rock cod though. (He fishes up here at the norther end of the pacific though, and sadly been a few decades before he's been out on a boat. mostly river fishing where we are. [yes there are fish in the desert. dont ask me! I think I'M crazy to be here]) oh and I showed it to him on my phone. so...

If you really want to drive your Dad nuts, Hope, and he has facebook... (Or not, it may be mostly public access) Hook Dad up with the http://www.facebook.com/pages/Humboldt-Area-Saltwater-Anglers/183500155019618?ref=ts

A ton of great pix there, out of Humboldt Bay; norther than northern California. (About a dozen of those pix are mine.)

And the discussion board for HASA is here: http://humboldttuna.com/smf/index.php A wealth of info, fish stories and pix. Oddly, a login may be required to even read the thing. It used to be public... not sure what happened. Tell 'em "Cactus Jack" sentcha. (How I became Cactus Jack, on the ocean, is a whole 'nother story)

Last edited:
Good thinking, Alchemist - planting link to our poll on the 75 words challenge - they need to think on other than themselves :p:p

We did it Stormfeather – even we were just a few
– and you, SF ? - was the theme too tough for you ? J

I'm afraid that even with the best of intentions, I was just too busy to do anything decent. I had an idea, but didn't have time to execute it, and the photos that I did take were not just of my own kids, so I can't really share them here (think 200 school kids waving flags whilst having a red-white-and-blue themed tea party in the playground).

As I was, I nearly forgot to vote, with yesterday being the school fayre - I was there from 9:30 to 6pm, and by the time I got home, I was exhausted. I remembered, just before stumbling to bed - and voted for Hope's pictures. The sheer unadulterated joy in the water picture makes me smile every time I see it!

Looking forward to the next theme, with more hope of taking part this time!

I'm afraid that even with the best of intentions, I was just too busy to do anything decent. I had an idea, but didn't have time to execute it, and the photos that I did take were not just of my own kids,
Glad you brought it up, I always wonder when somebody post family pics, whether they actually bothered asking the familymember(s) in question first – before publishing on a (semi) public site.
I surely wouldn’t be exuberant finding out later that all my childhood/youth were surfing around the net – we’re having pseudos here without disclosing our names, but people seem to having no problems disclosing their childrens ID.
Would’nt it be better turning in some more neutral pics for a photo contest than one’s own family, neutral like something out in the nature/society – belonging to nobody or all ??

so I can't really share them here (think 200 school kids waving flags whilst having a red-white-and-blue themed tea party in the playground).
As I was, I nearly forgot to vote, with yesterday being the school fayre - I was there from 9:30 to 6pm, and by the time I got home, I was exhausted. I remembered, just before stumbling to bed

Take care SF – else you’ll end up doing more school work than your kid(s) :eek:

- and voted for Hope's pictures. The sheer unadulterated joy in the water picture makes me smile every time I see it!

Yeah, SF – but joy isn’t exactly the same as celebrating, is it ??

Looking forward to the next theme, with more hope of taking part this time!
Hear-hear :p:p