2.08: Game of Thrones - The Prince of Winterfell

Culhwch

Lost Boy
I'm dedicating this one to ctg...

Theon receives a visitor and holds down the fort. Arya calls in her final debt with Jaqen in a way that displeases him. Robb is betrayed. Tyrion and Varys find common ground. Dany ignores Jorah's advice. Stannis and Davos approach their destination, and Davos is offered a reward.

Bit of a mishmash wasn't it!

I liked the Tyrion/Bronn scenes in this one. Liked the Brienne/Jaime scenes. The woman with Robb bored the hell out of me and I found myself zoning out.

I loved Jaime in this episode. He's being a totally arrogant, annoying, infuriating git! That's my Jaime!! :D (Still loving his beard too)

I also liked seeing Cersei being a bitch, cos they've made her way too nice up till this point, in my opinion.

I was sitting at the edge of my seat waiting on Arya saying Jaqen's name as her third choice, and boy he was NOT pleased. He's been so cool in all his scenes.

Can't wait for next week's Blackwater episode.

Thank you so much culhwch, nobody has given me honours before. Thank you. To me this episode was greater than one's at the beginning, and it made me laugh so much in places. Especially in Tyrion scenes. But then again I wish they would have given us two hours instead of one. But that's not going to happen, is it? The pacing has to be fast and snappy.

What I did miss and I think should had been in is the Jaime's missing hand, which was surprisingly intact in the scene. Why Catalyn didn't chop it off but instead send him away with a manwoman (don't know which one she is).

The Master of Bones or whatever his name is looked so off. Don't know what they had thought when the dressing department came up with that stuff. If he's supposed to be some sort of shaman then they completely cocked his costume up. And what I don't understand why he's so interested to keep Jon alive when redhaired woman says he's the *******. Wouldn't it strike fear in the heart of his enemies to see Jon's head in the pike when their army reaches the wall?

Why the Mother of Dragon's is so wuss? To be honest all she had been doing in this season is moaning and nagging one person or another. I so wanted to give her a slap and say, "Wake up woman and smell the coffee. If you want your babies back then do something about it, don't just stand there moaning like some [explicit deleted]."

Arya is still one of my favourites.

What I did miss and I think should had been in is the Jaime's missing hand, which was surprisingly intact in the scene. Why Catalyn didn't chop it off but instead send him away with a manwoman (don't know which one she is).
:confused:

Oddly enough, this is what happens in the book. Cat (or someone following her orders) does not cut off Jaime's hand. In the book, she simply sends Jaime and Brienne on a mission to save her children in King's Landing. I think** that's what happening in the TV show.

** - I won't actually see this episode until the DVD is released (probably next year).

Yes Mister Bear that's what's happening in the TV. Cat sent Jaiwe away under Brienne's guard and all Jaime can do is talk about how hideous she's looking. At one point I thought he was going to suggest some rumpy-pumpy to just see if he's bits were working and I thought I saw him touching Brienne's bottom, to which I thought Brienne would chop his hand off 'cos Cat didn't do it. But now they're on river, heading towards the King's Landing as if they're some romantic couple.

I wanted to say about Cercei's and Tyrion scene that it was properly made and for a moment I thought that the little man was going to lose his lover, but when they brought in the wrong girl, I sighed for a relief. But the thing I was expecting was seeing Cercei doing an idiotic blondy grin when Tyrion stomped off to see his true love. Just it didn't happen as the actor is too smart for doing that.

However, Joff is a true blond. He got on his fingers at the first season and he didn't learn, and going on about how he's going to give a bloody grin to what's-his-name just shows that he should receive good spanking. So, I'll expect the King to stand in his shining armour on a very visible place, when the enemy charges in and then running away, cos he cannot take it like man he says he is.

:confused:

Oddly enough, this is what happens in the book. Cat (or someone following her orders) does not cut off Jaime's hand. In the book, she simply sends Jaime and Brienne on a mission to save her children in King's Landing. I think** that's what happening in the TV show.

** - I won't actually see this episode until the DVD is released (probably next year).

So, when does Jaime lose his hand? I was sure Catelyn ordered it before she freed Jaime. I'm re-reading the books now but not up to that point yet. I sure hope they didn't leave that part out, because it was fairly important in the book.

So, when does Jaime lose his hand? I was sure Catelyn ordered it before she freed Jaime. I'm re-reading the books now but not up to that point yet. I sure hope they didn't leave that part out, because it was fairly important in the book.

It happens later on...but I do not think we should discuss that on this thread:) Not everyone will have read the books who are watching the TV series.

I thought this episode was pretty good. The scene with Theon and his sister was excellent. Alfie Allen has really made this role his own and when I picture Theon now it is as how Allen is portraying him.

The other standout scene for me was Tyrion and Cersei. Thankfully the producers came away from the idea of showing Cersei in a somewhat sympathetic light and began showing her for the ghastly, vindictive character she is.

The scene with Davos and Stannis finally showed us the character of Stannis and the underlying resentment he has always felt towards Ned, Robert, Renly and most of the world. A resentment he hides behind his public showing of autocratic arrogance. I have always believed that Stannis is one of the most bitter characters in the series.

Should have put spoiler alerts, although you weren't to know it was a spoiler, having mistakenly remembered how things happened in the book... She never cut off his hand, nor did she order it. How it happened in the show is exactly the same as how it happened in the book, the scene you are thinking of is still to come - although I wouldn't be surprised if it still didn't happen even then.

Brienne is a woman, just not a very attractive one - she is a woman built like a man.

Danaery's story was much the same in the book, she just wandered around Qarth. That's why they added the drama of the dragons being stolen and the leaders being murdered, because otherwise viewers would think her story dull - although it isn't really much better. I suspect the next couple episodes will be an improvement for her story though.

Arya's story this episode was changed quite a bit wasn't it? I thought more happened in Harrenhal, not just leaving? Might have to go back and look it up. But either way, I think the next award will definitely go to her - or at least should, imo.

Another enjoyable episode except - I am becoming mildly annoyed by the seeming increase in melodrama, where two charatcers appear, and one *must* tell the other about some heart-wrenching incident in their past.