Buffy's trash talk...

Darth Angelus

I really like how Buffy talks to the shows villains when she is about to engage in a fight.

That is, in the last episode in season 1, when she says to the Master "You really should talk to your contractor." about the state of his cave.

Or, in the Angel episode when Darla asks her "Do you know what the saddest thing in the world is?" and she replies "Bad hair on top of that outfit."
The remarks are lighthearted and give comic relief. Joss is a master of dialogue, really, as seen even in The Avengers movie.

Any other remarks from the show you'd like to post, feel free to do so.

From Smashed, s6:

Buffy: Hey... how've you been?
Amy: Rat. You?
Buffy: Dead.
Amy: Oh.

"You have fruit-punch mouth."

"We can do this the hard way or... well, there's really just the hard way."

Those are statements but I can hear her tone as she asks hundreds of hilarious questions but the words won't come to me right now. Hm. Brainlock. I think there's too many, so almost none are coming out. Maybe more will come later - or others will post them. :)

"You have fruit-punch mouth."

"We can do this the hard way or... well, there's really just the hard way."

Those are statements but I can hear her tone as she asks hundreds of hilarious questions but the words won't come to me right now. Hm. Brainlock. I think there's too many, so almost none are coming out. Maybe more will come later - or others will post them. :)

Yeah, I remember those two great quotes. I forgot which episode the latter was from, though. Do you remember?

And good one, too, pyan.

Yeah, I remember those two great quotes. I forgot which episode the latter was from, though. Do you remember?

The latter was "Welcome to the Hellmouth" to Darla but I actually slightly misquoted it - it's "Now, we can do this this the hard way, or... well, actually there's just the hard way."

There's another great one from that episode except that probably not many people would get it - going up to the "carbon dated" vampire: "Okay, first of all, what's with the outfit? Live in the now, okay? You look like DeBarge." It's probably a little anachronistic for Buffy but so on target and so cutting. And that's where one of those questions I was trying to think of comes in - after she slays DeBarge, she asks Darla, "See what happens when you roughhouse?"

And, the other, of course, is Buffy being so respectful to the age and power of The Master in "Prophecy Girl". :D

-- Just remembered two segments that aren't Buffy's trash talk, but about how badly you can miss it. :) When the Scooby Gang unites to try to handle some vamps while Buffy's MIA after the apocalypse of season 2's finale, Willow says to a vamp, "Come and get it, big boy." Which leads to:

Xander: Okay, and the, uh, second problem I'm having... "Come and get it, big boy"?
Willow: Well, the Slayer always says a pun or- or a witty play on words, and I think it throws the vampires off and- and it makes them frightened because I'm wisecracking. Okay, I didn't really have a chance to work on that one, but you try it every time.
Oz: Uh, if I may suggest: "This time it's personal." I mean, there's a reason why it's a classic.
Xander: I've always been amazed with how Buffy fought, but, in a way, I feel like we took her punning for granted.

And season 6 was awful, IMO, but, with Buffy again MIA after the extra-apocalyptic season 5 finale it has the great:

Buffybot: That'll put marzipan in your pie plate, bingo!
Spike (to Willow about Buffybot): What's with the dadaism, Red?
Willow: I don't know. I was trying to program in some new puns and I kinda ended up with word salad.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Brian G Turner Agents of Shield 12
V Buffy 15
O Buffy 10
V Buffy 4
S Buffy 0