Supernatural - Season Seven

Dave

Non Bio
Staff member
I've created a Supernatural forum at Chronicles on reading that the thrilling and terrifying journey of the Winchester Brothers will continue with the seventh season of "Supernatural". I'm never seen the show myself. Seven Seasons is unusual for a US Network TV show, what makes it so popular?

It's a good show I would say :p

Nah, I'm a fan although not of this season. Can't wait for it to end and finish this story line.

It's a good show, I think the directors, script writers, and actors are all high quality. I agree that the seventh season to me is the worst so far, but there will be a season eight, although I think it's still going to be about the leviathan from the rumours I've heard.

I've created a Supernatural forum at Chronicles on reading that the thrilling and terrifying journey of the Winchester Brothers will continue with the seventh season of "Supernatural". I'm never seen the show myself. Seven Seasons is unusual for a US Network TV show, what makes it so popular?

I got tricked by a friend into watching a few episodes, and decided to keep with it.

By the season one cliff hanger I knew I was hooked. :)

There's a lot of character humour, mainly between the two brothers who are the main characters.

There's a decent enough exploration of the supernatural to warrant suspense, without gore, but it's almost always focused on the human element of such encounters.

I was quite surprised it was a US show - it has more of a Canadian-feel in terms of sometimes quirkiness and the ability to be very tongue in cheek when required.

I don't normally make an effort to watch horror films as I don't get the attraction. Supernatural is a lot more creative than most, I think, and probably has more in common with Shaun of the Dead than Day of the Dead in terms of approach.

The one big pointer is that the creative team finished the story at the end of Season 5, but the show was so popular than a new team was put together for additional seasons.

I've not made a point to watch these, because I don't want to find myself watching it go down the tubes, but the first 5 seasons, with a few little hiccups, are generally very consistent and wrap up nicely.

I got tricked by a friend into watching a few episodes, and decided to keep with it.

By the season one cliff hanger I knew I was hooked. :)

There's a lot of character humour, mainly between the two brothers who are the main characters.

I was quite surprised it was a US show - it has more of a Canadian-feel in terms of sometimes quirkiness and the ability to be very tongue in cheek when required.

Yeah, when I heard of it I thought it would be awful, but I watched a few episodes and became hooked too. Unfortunately, I don't think the post 5 seasons have been as interesting.

The show usually focuses a great deal on the relationship between the brothers, but it's become difficult to do anything new with that angle really.

I've not made a point to watch these, because I don't want to find myself watching it go down the tubes, but the first 5 seasons, with a few little hiccups, are generally very consistent and wrap up nicely.

Season 6 was pretty good.

Season finale was a bit meh, the last 5 minutes or so was the only good part. Will be interesting to see where they go with this.

Season finale was a bit meh, the last 5 minutes or so was the only good part. Will be interesting to see where they go with this.

I thought the season, and the finale were um... really, really awful :)
Glad you were more ok with it then I was. I've kind of taken it off my watch list.

Was this for season 7?

Well, my reaction is to both seasons 6 and 7 really. I loved it all through the first 5 seasons, and then afterwards, it looked to me like they were doing anything they had to, to drag the show out a little longer.

They've fully explored the relationship between the bothers, resurrected their Angel patron times, driven him insane, resurrected him again, and killed off their oldest friend, brought him back as a ghost, and who knows what is next after that.

It's played out. Just my opinion.

Having just crammed on Supernatural seasons 1-7 over the last few months, I was amazed I had never caught it before. True, season 7 took a bit of a downturn and now I'm labouring a bit with the new season 8 episodes, but that doesn't detract from how great seasons 1-5 were, and 6 wasn't exactly bad. Brilliant show.

I watched the first seasons when they were first on television and then got busy with other things and fell off around season three and didn't get back into it until season five. I went back and am now a proud viewer of every episode. It took alot of determination to get there and now I watched the new seasons weekly.

Supernatural is 60% eye-candy, 10% awesome, 10% heart, and 20% Castiel. ;-{0

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Glaysher Supernatural 0
Alexa Supernatural 0
Alexa Supernatural 7
Gonk the Insane Supernatural 13
Anushka Mokosh Supernatural 16