DESTINY'S CONFLICT: Progress Update

Hurray!

(Now, what was happening in the story again?:D...Kidding, of course)

Hard markups finished and Janny is keying in all the alterations before checking and proofing the final manuscript. A hint at a teaser before Janny is finished.

All the hard markups done
Janny Wurts on Twitter

56 pages keyed in
Janny Wurts on Twitter

Janny's interesting post when she still had 7 pages to go
Janny Wurts Chat Area

Might get a teaser soon.

There is also a chance, of a new short story, if the project mentioned below gets enough funds raised to cover their stretch objectives. Janny Wurts - Attention readers entranced with Athera -... | Facebook

The latest update is from twitter

5 full chapter sets through proofing, 6 main through cross check, changes entered through 7. countdown to finish, Destiny's Conflict.

An update on Evil is a Matter of Perspective and whether or not they are going to meet the next stretch goal, which is Janny's WoLaS related short story.
Janny Wurts on Twitter

They need to raise another $1843(aud) and only have 10 days remaining, things are slowing down. Surely we can find a few more WoLaS fans who would love to read a new short story, a look at a dark bit of Athera's past. Might get to read the short story before Destiny's Conflict. Janny also said we would get some say in which story might be included, if she gets to contribute one to the project.
Janny Wurts Chat Area

I'll let you have the headline, Ms. Aussie, and thanks for calling attention to it. ;)

I've finally gotten thru my TBROH (to-be-read-on-hand) pile, and before anything new arrives to rebuild it, I've started my long-awaited WoLaS re-read. 'Scuze me, but I have thousands of pages to attend to....:D

Yes I did forget to mention that the financial goal for Janny's story to be included in Evil is a Matter of Perspective was reached a while ago, we are now working on the next financial goal which is the authors all getting a pay rise. So anyone wants to read A new WoLaS related short story next year, now is the time to order your book by putting a pledge in for your desired medium. Ebook, paperback or a hardback version. You can get an extra paperback for a friend at a slightly reduced cost as an add on for the paperback choice.

And if Janny and the other authors gets their pay rise, Peter Orullian is still waiting in the wings to add his short story to Evil is a Matter of Perspective, but they need to raise $41,700(aud) to reach that financial goal and have only 68hrs left to go. So far they have reached $36,276(aud)

And on Destiny's Conflict, in 2 or 3 weeks time Janny is hoping to turn the final manuscript in, so next month we should have a publication date.

Latest update from twitter
"Beat the thunderstorm - ch 10 set is completely out for proofing, and I am now into x check of 11, countdown to finish: Destiny's Conflict."
Janny Wurts on Twitter

That leaves 3 chapters left and the last two are shorter than most of the others. So getting close now.

Latest update
"Touch up changes in & spellcheck to get the 1st file of 12 set to proofing today. Leaves last 2 files, then 13 set to go/Destiny's Conflict."
Janny Wurts on Twitter

All 13 chapters are finished and the last ones are out for proofing, Janny is doing the glossary and timeline now, hoping to hand the finished manuscript in next week.
Janny Wurts Chat Area

Janny might find us a sneak peek before she rushes off to do that short story with the short deadline. But I am fine if we have to wait till after the short story for Unfettered II is done, or even both short stories. We are bound to get that next sneak peak sometime this year. I do not mind waiting if Janny wants to be busy writing more Atheran related short stories for us.

For all those very quiet lurkers, hiding in the shadows, the latest update.
Janny Wurts on Twitter
Glossary is now done and out for proofing and Janny only has the timeline to go. Not long now till the finished manuscript is handed in.

LATEST UPDATE:

The complete manuscript for Destiny's Conflict is turned in! I'm guessing 6 months for publication?

Very excited!

The last two took longer than 6 months, I was thinking HarperCollins were personally mining the ore and then having each letter for the printing press hand made for Initiate's Trial. If they get it out in 6 months I would be happy. HarperCollins wants to make me ecstatic, 4 months would be better, but I am not getting my hopes up. Good things are worth waiting for, I will be happy when ever we get it.

And hopefully a hardback version will be arriving, as well as the already pre-ordered trade paperback. Be a bit disappointing if a gap appears in my hardback collection. Although Janny does those special covers for us, I do have a few spares to pretend they released a hardback version.

Well if a bit more from Athera is needed to tide anyone over, there is likely to be an Atheran short story released later this year in the Unfettered II anthology. Janny will be busy writing it by now, it had a short deadline, since it is being published in November. Don Maitz will be doing a sketch for each story for the interior art. Cannot wait to see what he comes up with for the new short story. Will Janny be looking over his shoulder collaborating I wonder as Don does the art for her new story. Or will she be too busy doing the next short story for Evil is a Matter of Perspective? Or the cover for Destiny's Conflict, nice to have the new cover on the pre-order sites, although I think Janny might have already started that. Janny is going to be very busy it seems.