Whippleshield Books on Kindle

iansales

Adrift on the Sea of Rains by Ian Sales is now available on Kindle - see here.

Copies are still available in paperback and signed numbered limited edition hardback at £3.99 and £5.99 respectively. Send me a message if you'd like to buy a copy. The Whippleshield Books website is still in development, but should be live soon.

You should, Gary: I really enjoyed reading the story. (I won't say more; I don't want to spoil it for you.)

And I'm not alone in liking Ian's tale. Here's what the author, Lavie Tidhar, says about it:

Having read it, I really can’t rave about this novella enough. It is 1950s science fiction as could only be written by someone in the 21st century, a knowing, smart, ambitious story where hardly a word is out of place. I came to it ready to mock, and came away with admiration instead. This is probably the best piece of science fiction I’ve read so far this year, and would be a more than worthy nominee for a BSFA Award next year. I urge you to read it.

I haven't posted the link: most of the review is somewhat spoilerish and Adrift on the Sea of Rains is best read before seeing any of these spoilers.

Can't wait Ursa.

I've sent Ian some gold doubloons and once he's weighed them in, he'll send the book to me.:eek:

It'll be interesting seeing the response to it - the pressure is certainly on, given how good the reception to Adrift on the Sea of Rains has been :)

Back