Dragons, dragon glass, horns and Valyrian steel

Keebs411

What we know: All are supposed to have orignated and been brought over from Valyria after the Doom. Dragons are back! They are controled by spell bindings and horns. They supposedly are part of the making/creation of dragon glass. Dragonglass can be used against the Others. ancient texts aslo list "dragon steel" which has been debated to possibley be Valyrian steel to also be of use against them. Valyrian steel is the sharpest steel that every one knows of (aside form what ever the Others are packing for weapons which can also shatter then average/normal blade)

So for what are the options of how these things may play into and how big a roll will they have for the battle royal during the final count down!QUE THE BAND EUROPE!

There are 2 horns. the Dragon horn and the Horn of winter. They both look identical from the visual discriptions given about them. Could they be the same horn? What could be better then a honr that controls a dragon and what could take down a giant piece of ice such as the wall better then a dragon and its relentless fire? mance didnt end up finding the horn of winter from wat it seems and Euron was raiding all over the place whos to say where he really found the dragon horn.

Dragons are back and Majority of the people who know seem to be pretty pumped about it. i understand the excitment and awe of it. plenty of obvious pros due to their return. They can be used to fight anything that doesnt play well with fire, like the Others. They seem to be good to have around if u want to unite 7 war raveged kingdoms and keep them united for the most part. They help make dragon glass also useful against the Others. but maybe its not all good they have returned, clearly all the reason previously listed are pros and good but the cons? Unmanagable, unpredictable even for their riders who have some control are not able to keep full control and thus the dragons can cause some chaos and reek havock here and there. Maybe once they have served their purpose they need to be killed and who ever is breaking into the Citadel knows this. The Citadel is where the only remaining textx that might possibly have the information on dragons and how to kill them is rumored to be there (poor pate he never saw it coming)

Valyrian steel. sharpest stuff around. IMO i think its the same as dragon steel. If it doesnt have the same effect ont he others the way dragon glass did i think that it will @ least be able to stand up and holds its own against the the weapons the Others use. Heck i think it may even give the Others weapons a run for their money. I remeber Jon even having the thought that if this was the case how it would be a sweet deal if he was able to collect allt he Valyrian blades in the kingdoms to use against the Others (even though he knows the owners of the blades are not likley to temp donate them to the cause). But the thought got me thinking as to how many where out there and available. So i did some looking into it.
10 blades are known to exsist (9 originally but Neds sword ice was spit into 2 new blades). 3 are missing/MIA. All have their historys and last known where abouts listed. Then i remebered Little fingers dagger (who who ever its true owner was i dont think they were offically named) the one used ont he attempt on Brans life, that cut up Cats hands real bad. They said it was a VS dagger. Yet this blade is not listed whith any of the 10. why? Is it just becasue it does not have a history or famous past connected to it? Where did it come from? Is it one of the lost ones or made from one of the lost ones? Or perhaps there are many other VS blades out there but no one mentions them because they dont have names or famous past attached to them. If their are mor eVS blades out there that could deff be a good thing when the battle between fire and ice starts!

Has anyone else brain stromed about these things and the possible outcome or further connections they may have? we do alot of disecting the charecters and the prophecies but i iwas curious as to others thoughts on these elemets and their role in the big picture how others thinks they will play out.

Keebs, I like your thinking.

I have wondered whether Dany's dragons could aid in producing dragonglass or Valyrian steel for that matter. I imagine you could get some cooperative dragons to help get a blast furnace hot enough, or simply convert piles of stone into dragonglass. Ordinary swords could be collected and reforged with the help of some dragonbreath, maybe.

With another couple of stretches, one could imagine Gendry as the blacksmith, or maybe Tyrion, Sam or Jon putting two and two together about dragons and dragonglass, inventions, ideas. Some of the castles that one housed dragons could also be a source of dragonglass. There might be some dragonglass knappers amongst the wildlings (don't they have such weapons?)

If the wall melted, just what is under all that ice, anyway?

Can't think that the weapons won't be important against the Others.

There are some candidates for the 3 heads of the dragons. There is the issue of flying them. (Tyrion is now an experienced sow rider!) And perhaps there are a few people who could possibly warg into a dragon.