Illustrator Required

Glen

Who are you people?
Any recommendations for websites where I can find and commission an illustrator for a ebook cover?

I've found a couple but would like to hear about other options.

I've used Jenny Gyllblad for some character portraits. I think she's very good (and reasonably priced) and she works in paint/paper which is a plus for me, but her style might not be a match for your book.

Any recommendations for websites where I can find and commission an illustrator for a ebook cover?

I've found a couple but would like to hear about other options.

Firstly go to www.elance.com, register and put up a job inc description with what you want and your budget.

You will get many replies, alot from Pakistan and India. Don't be put off by the cheapness of some tenders. I have used these far east designers before and they are great and speak good English. All your communication is done in the Elance workroom, its like a live chat where you can arrange time for meeting.

When the tendering process ends (you decide time) you make a decision. If you like nobody you hire nobody. There are no costs to you, only the contractor. You could also try www.deviantart.com

Good luck!:)

You could always check the galleries here for artists, then post to see if anyone is interested. There are loads of talented artists who come here (to the Chronicles) who would probably be interested.

I found mine on DeviantArt. I was going to link you the guy who did one of mine, but it looks like he's not taking commissions anymore.

Thanks to all for those links. You're all champions.

I've got a v old mate on FB who has posted some v good illustrations, so I'm also asking him if he's interested.

There is some good stuff on deviant art but I find it difficult to search. There is a huge amount of material on there.

I even started an account to see if it made things any easier to search - so i guess I am now offically in the art business. Anyone need a book cover? :0)

http://glenrandom.deviantart.com/

Wow, I remember elance! I did contracting with them when they were in beta phase, for spreadsheets and databases and research stuff. That was a long time ago, when the world was young. Glad to see they're still around, even if they are charging for stuff now.

I even started an account to see if it made things any easier to search - so i guess I am now offically in the art business. Anyone need a book cover? :0) http://glenrandom.deviantart.com/

Don't tempt me for artwork, man. I'm not able to pay. I also have a deviantart account, but that's not for this thread, and there's no visual art on the thing.