Malazan re-read at Tor

elvet

Easily amused
Supporter
I've finally found the time to get to my Malazan Book of the Fallen re-read. I've read volumes 1-8 two times ( plus Night of Knives and Return of the Crimson Guard). I haven't got to Dust of Dreams or Crippled God yet, and have just received Orb, Sceptre and Throne.
I found this resourse at the Tor site that I've been referring to as I'm making my way through Garden of the Moons. It's an excellent indepth discussion of each chapter. I thought others might enjoy it.
http://www.tor.com/features/series/malazan-reread-of-the-fallen

Yes, I've been enjoying that over the last year or so. I like that there's a Malazan veteran and a newbie taking part, gives some very interesting perspectives :)

Problem is, every time I browse over there it makes me want to do another re-read. Maybe next year!

I just finished Gardens of the Moon. The nice thing about this re-read resource is thatthe first few books are already discussed, so we don't have to wait to read the reviews.
My third time through this book and I'm again amazed how it improves with each telling. You notice details in each successive read like a microscope's increasing objectives. The first time is a whirlwind of questions. The second time, larger themes appeared and connections to the other books. This third time, the subtlety in the words and sentences, almost everything informative and written with care.