April Photo Challenge. Discussion.

This is the point at which everybody says "I'm never voting for you again..." :D

Alex, I'm never voting for you again...

Bad dad a dum

Seriously it's an usual but good theme, that'll make us think a bit I guess.

The only thing I can think of, is to gather a selection of various fruit fools and photograph them.

First of all, congratulations on the win, Alex!:)

Secondly, what an interesting theme! I have no idea of what to do for my second pic, though. I was wondering if I had any ornaments/pictures of clowns, fools or harlequins and such, and found the images of those little fools on the jokers in a pack of playing cards.

Now to put my thinking cap on for the next entry.

Hello there, sb calling himself the G and T - what does that mean ??
Gagged and Towed ?? - or ??
btw - congrats with your photo abilities ;-)

Hyeh, Hyeh. A rumble of disgrumblement ripples through the crowd. If it's any consolation, I'm going to have to work for this one, myself. I had several days to mull over various potential themes; most of which came with preconceived potential entries. The late flash, in the eve of April First, caught me by surprise as well.

Oh, ye of little faith...

Being newish in these parts; I browsed the last years' photo challenges to get a sense of what's been done, and the resultant entries.

Confidence is high that this crew will produce a broad and interesting array of interpretations on my evil theme.

Talysia opens with a hard-to-beat Joker hand. Nicely done.

Tiffany horrifies: invoking what must have been a truly abominable movie. Excellent!

Grinning over the "Gagged and Towed," Anivid. There's a story about how "Great and Terrible" devolved to something sounding like, either, a cocktail or a Wodehouse character. Another time...

Last edited:
Grinning over the "Gagged and Towed," Anivid. There's a story about how "Great and Terrible" devolved to something sounding like, either, a cocktail or a Wodehouse character. Another time...

See now, in the UK G and T generally refers to Gin and Tonic but I somehow didn't think that was what your name referred to...:D

See now, in the UK G and T generally refers to Gin and Tonic but I somehow didn't think that was what your name referred to...:D

Now that's exactly what I first thought when I saw it, but my mind never went further to question it until now!!

It's all much clearer, and right now the other meaning of G and T is appropriate as my mind is blank on what to go for this month ;);):p

Gin & Tonic, Gagged & Towed – whatever.
My Mother Tongue isn’t English.
You see I’m all for beauty, cannot live without it, will go a long way for finding it, and/or making it ;-)
I actually abhorre ugliness, and refuse snobbing downwards for finding fools, even they might not be far away, though acording to Alex they already sailed away ;-)
I’ll just abstain this April month – going out enjoying the nature’s beauty, trying to improve my photographic skills.
Good Luck All ;-)

Havent been able to get the song out of my head since the challenge was posted. Decided it was a sign and took a pict of my foolishness.
Probably would have done better to enter a pict of myself, but thought this would be more fun.
the green box (I made) has chocolate covered almonds in. the blue box (I also made) has little chocolate candies I made in. the white and orange box (I made) has a silver ring in (didnt make that though) that i thought was nice. The flowers are folded from rice paper and colored with pencil then wrapped onto some floral wire with some floral tape. the loaf is Tropical Banana Bread (my own invention) and the jelly is Raspberry-Peach (my mothers invention). wind-chimes, a garden S (which happens to be my initial) with a butterfly on (which happens to be my fav thing in the whole wide world) and some guitar strings (he plays) round out this hobbitish present.

oh and a box of our favorite tea.

Last edited:
Such a good take on the title of the competition, Hopewrites.
I guess Alex knows what he meant by the title too.:D