Mythological origins (702 words)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that this version is a vast improvement over the first. Good job, Juelz!

I definitely get a much clearer understanding of Celtare's story now. No confusion left, except on one point: You say that Celtare, along with the other Great Ones, lived in another "realm." But if you mean what you say in the last paragraph, that he is the ruler of the land and sky, and that he is more like "Mother Earth," then Celtare is a realm - a living, breathing, self-aware universe, right? You reinforce this idea when you say that Celtare was split into three parts, I think. It's something I like very much, but it still leaves me wondering what, exactly, the Great Ones are. It isn't something that needs to be clearly defined for the reader, per se, since we all like a bit of mystery about our gods. However, I get the impression that Celtare is a world unto himself and that he once resided in a world.

For these same reasons, I have to wonder why Celtare needs to search for life. Can't he just create it? Or have it sort of grow out of him?

In a way the Great Ones are a world unto themselves, but as a unit. Each Great One has a I guess you could call it "power"(don't like that word, but it'll do for now) and when they come together they have the capability to do anything, hence the Realm they existed within before. When they separated through war they no longer had the ability to make life alone. Celtare and the other Great Ones understood the importance of the sun in relative to life causing the war over location in proximity to the sun.

**Sorry for the long explanation**:)

Juelz

Status
Not open for further replies.