What would you like to see in a new Star Trek TV series?

The whole ships lost in space and trying to get home seems a bit too Voyager/BattleStar Galactica for me.

I had a discussion with a friend of mine about this recently. I cam to the conclusion that I want a new series in a new timeline. Preferrably a future series - maybe where the tech levels of humans has risen very high. Then use galactic scale civilization as a completely new threat - extra galactic species already have some groundwork so the existing lore could be called on.

Would love to see the machine planet V'Ger found and the original builder race for the Doomsday Machine.

The worry there is that it would get too political and less sci-fi (guns and aliens). That isn't a bad thing in itself but it can mean that the target audience gets a lot smaller. Then again do it right and some political series get huge followings!

Post Voyager. In the proper timeline and with proper Klingons. We got Discovery and I'm learning to live with it. It has it's pluses and minuses.

Real Klingons like Worf. If you look at the Duras sisters, under the right conditions, you might see how 1/2 Klingons came about. The same can't be said about the butt ugly, mumble lipped, abortions that are Discovery's version.

Real Klingons like Worf. If you look at the Duras sisters, under the right conditions, you might see how 1/2 Klingons came about. The same can't be said about the butt ugly, mumble lipped, abortions that are Discovery's version.

I don't like the discovery versions of Klingons at all.

Back