looking for book:dragon ring book where people use ring amulets for magic, which last

starfyre7

I read a book some time ago which was about this kid (a thief) who found a dragon ring. He was attacked by some magician creature and lived with these gypsy like people. He was attacked because of some dragon ring that he had found. He lived with the gypsies until he and another person moved to an academy of magic. On the way, the boy with the dragon ring gave an amulet that let him do magic to the other boy because the second one lost his own.
There is also a princess in this book who is related to the clans by (I think) her father. She meets the boy when going out disguised as a peasant. Also, there is a boy (magician) who wishes to court the princess (he is a noble as are most magicians). He has a twin sister.

NOTE: I have also posted this question in Yahoo Answers and WhatsThatBook, but have not received any response. I hope that the members of this forum will be more knowledgeable and hopefully be able to solve my problem.
Thanks
- Starfyre7

Re: looking for book:dragon ring book where people use ring amulets for magic, which

Is this Septimus Heap? The main character has a dragon ring. And he has a sister, but no gypsies.

Re: looking for book:dragon ring book where people use ring amulets for magic, which

No, it is not that series. This kid goes to an academy; he doesn't study under a single high wizard.

I think you might be talking about The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima.

Back