Theories about Quaithe

Keebs411

I was curious on everyone's take with Quaithe. Is she good? Bad. Actually helping
Dany or influencing her on ways that help her own agenda?
When she first came into play I didn't know how I felt. Everyone in Quarth
Just seemed they were trying to get their paws on Danys dragons, Quaithe seemed possibly the only semi trust worthy person out of the people in Quarth but still you had your gaurd up waiting to see more about her. At least I did, how ever she does not come up in the book or Rant chapters frequently w new information. So I think I was more drawn into her when I was reading ADWD near the beginning when she was visiting Rant in Mereen.

" the glass candles are burning. Soon comes the pale mare, and after her the others. Kraken and dark flame, lion and Griffin, the sun's son and the mummer's dragon. Trust none of them. Remember the Undying. Beware the perfumed seneschal"

I see her mentioning Kraken as Victorian or his brothers, dark flame as Stannis or Mel. Lion and as tyrion and Griffin could be Griffin or little Griff . And the suns son I took as Quentyn of sun's spear? And the mummer's dragon could also reffer to little Griffin really being her nephew or him being false due to Varys. They all seem pair together.
No mention of a wolf or stark so I still hold my theory of Jon being target and one of the dragon heads, how ever Quaithe urging her against a lion and Griffin followed after by the mummers dragon and to trust none of them it makes me question the other 2 Ppl I would have taken to be the possible 3rd dragon head via tyrion or little griff. I can see the warning behind griffiin possibly. Being also the mummers dragon making her Danger the slayer of lies when she uncovers this but if not lion or Griffin then who as the 3rd head?? I don't see any other lionother then tyrion trying to ally with her.
Is Quaithe's warning not all because those listed will betray her so much as their intentions are still to use Danger as a tool (just wanna suck up to the winning side in their view) This can also explain the mummers dragon part. Dany is the 1st to use the term while talking to Jorah defining it like a cloth banner that would inspire a cause. Is she being warned that there Ppl are just being riled up and rounded up to follow her cause like being sold on the idea but their hearts not in it?
It was just this time that's made me question Quaithe. Is she trying to help Dany or is she giving out all these warnings (some of which I think are justified) to play on Dante doubts to manipulate her and for what I'm still not sure.
I was just curious as to wat team or role purpose everyone else though about Quaithe.

I ihave always had the feeling that Quaithe is a "projection" of Mel.

Do you mean projected similar to somthing like or similar to astro projection but maybe a more magical way? I hadnt thought of that but I had made a similar relation between the 2 being they both are supposed to be from Asshai, priestess work with shadows and rock red. Your theory would poss explain her wearing a mask.

How ever i think going with your theory, if this was the case why would she keep insisting that stannis is supposed to birth dragons from stone? if she was Quaith she would already know DAny has the Dragons. Does she just want Stannis to have his own and Is then trying to delay Dany from coming until she can get Stannis his own?

maybe they are polar opposites? both from the same place training and such but out for different teams like a good verse bad. but whos bad and whos good depends on whos head you are in Mel's or Quaithe's both beliveing their cause/path is the right one

Something about her just nags @ me as little as she comes up i feel shes going to be of bigger importance then we would expect.....

Do you mean projected similar to somthing like or similar to astro projection but maybe a more magical way? I hadnt thought of that but I had made a similar relation between the 2 being they both are supposed to be from Asshai, priestess work with shadows and rock red. Your theory would poss explain her wearing a mask.

How ever i think going with your theory, if this was the case why would she keep insisting that stannis is supposed to birth dragons from stone? if she was Quaith she would already know DAny has the Dragons. Does she just want Stannis to have his own and Is then trying to delay Dany from coming until she can get Stannis his own?

maybe they are polar opposites? both from the same place training and such but out for different teams like a good verse bad. but whos bad and whos good depends on whos head you are in Mel's or Quaithe's both beliveing their cause/path is the right one

Something about her just nags @ me as little as she comes up i feel shes going to be of bigger importance then we would expect.....

Yes, I meant in an astral projection sort of way.

The mask make me very suspicious, and as you said, they are both from Asshai.

It wouldn't suprise me if GRRM purposely gave her a mask as a red herring though.

Remember that Quaithe speaks Westerosi, the common tongue of the Seven Kingdoms.

Does Quaithe belong to some group that wears masks? I don't remember any, except for the Silent Sisters. Why the mask? Is she or was she a Silent Sister? The purpose of a mask is to conceal a person's appearance... and many of the physical traits of the members of the houses of Westeros are obvious to those who know what to look for... Is Quaithe a noble of the Seven Kingdoms?

She also mysteriously appears to Dany twice... or more, I forget. Is this a vision, as Imp says, or is she actually teleporting into Dany's presence?

Except for her gender, I'd like to say that Quaithe must be either Howland Reed or Marwyn the Mage. Both have powers, Green Dreams or Magic... and the fact that we know that Marwyn is on his way to Dany and yet is not mentioned by Quaithe (as either the mastiff, the dog, or bloody teeth) seems strange to me.

But throwing all that aside, I like the old theory that Quaithe is Ashara Dayne in disguise. Ashara and Elia (Dany's sister in-law) were close and I like the idea that Ashara has been looking out for Rhaegar's son (Griff) and Rhaegar's sister in order to preserve the Targaryen lineage.

But that leads me to wonder who Septa Lemore could really be... Could Quaithe be Lemore's alter-ego? Could Lemore actually be Ashara? If Young Griff dyed his hair, why not Lemore? She's his tutor after all.

Probably none of what I've posted is true. But it's fun to kick around ideas.

Last edited:
What about quaith possibly being shiera seastar? Shes a ******* child of aegon IV the unworthy and her mother was serenei of lys. Her mother was rumored to practice magic the dark arts ect. She was rumore to use it for auch thinks as keeping her self looking young among other things. and shiera as well. I know she favored blood raven over bitter steel and i need to check but i think she sided and backed blood ravon and daeronII during the blackfry rebellion (which bittersteel fought for the opposite side) if she was quaithe perhaps it is why she warna danny of the false mummurs dragon banners... she knows its he is blackfrye. She might be helping danny while.blood raven helps bran. Both still working together? Its a stretch but deff an interesting tqist or thought if it was true

Back