A dance with Dragons

lewis gibney

I got the hard copy of Drance with Dragons a while ago.

I know see that A Dance with dragons is in two parts dreams and dust and After the Feast in the paper back copies.

I am just wondering does the hard back all ready have both these?

Lewis

I've only known it as a single novel. Hardcover, American version. To the best of my knowledge it's the entire book.

This will be like the situation with A Storm of Swords: I only have the paperback version, which in the UK comes in two parts: 1: Steel and Snow; 2: Blood and Gold. The price of the hardback, when I purchased it, was probably less than that of Dreams and Dust and After the Feast together (if that is what the two parts of ADwD are called).

I understand that the paperback will also have a sample chapter from The Winds of Winter (not the same one as GRRM has had on his website). I'd be surprised if this didn't also appear on that website eventually.

Yeh i thought it was that, i have the paper copy of a storm of swords, just didnt want to miss out on anything.

Still waiting for winds of winter tho....

I'm thinking about buying the second book just for the bonus chapter. :)

GRRM is the only author whose books I've bought twice!!!

I have A Storm of Swords in paperback (the two volumes) and in hardback (a single whopping volume). A guess ADWD will be the same.

Perhaps it's not a good thing in the case of ADWD is the first half is … well, I thought it was brilliant, but it is slow.

Coragem.

I'm thinking about buying the second book just for the bonus chapter. :)

I'd just read the sample chapter on the GRRM website. He'll probably switch that around at some point. Then you can save a bit of cash and read it in full when TWoW comes out.

Meanwhile I'd recommend unearthing some of GRRM's earlier work if you haven't already. Fevre Dream is the best IMO, but there's other good stuff too. And there's the Ice and Fire novellas.

Coragem.

Fevre Dream was actually the first book I read by him, and I really liked it.
I later bought Game Of Thrones on a reccomendation and only when I opened it did I make the connection and realise I'd already read a book by this guy.
I've read Dying Of The Light and Windhaven too, but Armageddon Rag and the Dreamsongs collections are definitely on my to read list.

The chapter is supposed to be a different one to the current one on his site, maybe I'll wait fo r it to appear on there, or for the book to appear in libraries (if they haven't all been shut down by then), or just read it in a bookshop, if that's not theft...

For me all future GRRM purchases will be hardback! I am rereading aSoS now and I will have read two paperback copies of the first three to shreds! Don't think any of them will survive another round! I have AFFC and ADWD in hardback and so far they are thriving!

GRRM is the only author whose books I've bought twice!!!

Same here. I preordered the hardcover of ADWD but when I got it I found it to be too unwieldy to read comfortably. So then I bought the Kindle version. I really love my Kindle.