A Crown Imperilled

Warren_Paul

Banishment this world!
A Crown Imperilled is to be released 13 February 2012 in UK. little over a day away I think (time zones always confuse me :eek:).

Hardback at least... have to wait another 204 days for paperback. :p

On another note, did he drop Magician's End? Everywhere is saying A Crown Imperilled is the last book.

I've got to do a bit of catching up, have not read A Kingdom Besieged yet. I'm afraid to say I've been a bit slack on it because his books have gradually been getting worse I've felt, although still passable enough to read. I sometimes feel they are too short.

I hope we get another epic masterpiece, like Magician was, to finish the series with.

EDIT: if its the last book then no epic masterpiece could possibly be done in only 400 pages :(

Just checked his official site and Magician's End is still present on the list of books. I presume he hasn't dropped it; that site is usually pretty solid in terms of information.

Half way though this. Quite a good read in a sort of disjointed way (though I am sure it will tie up in the end).

However there is no way this is the last book, unless he finishes it all very quickly.

******SPOILER*********

I really wonder is Feist half asleep when he writes these books. How can he be talking about Pug being with Amirantha and Sandreena being at a Pantathian city and then 5-6 chapters later it turns out to be his son Magnus and Pug knows nothing about what happened there?

Still rehashing the same tired line "The most (insert word of choice, powerful, staunch, talented etc) save perhaps..."

Very interesting ending though. I did like the book and enjoy the whole Universe he's created but the last few books have been seriously subpar.

******SPOILER*********

I really wonder is Feist half asleep when he writes these books. How can he be talking about Pug being with Amirantha and Sandreena being at a Pantathian city and then 5-6 chapters later it turns out to be his son Magnus and Pug knows nothing about what happened there?

Still rehashing the same tired line "The most (insert word of choice, powerful, staunch, talented etc) save perhaps..."

Very interesting ending though. I did like the book and enjoy the whole Universe he's created but the last few books have been seriously subpar.

Yeah the whole Pug/Magnus thing was a huge oversight. They've addressed it on his website and I think they are replacing it. Aside from that there is the usual editing mistakes they seem to slip through.

I've found the last 2 books to be good though.

I read on his website about the offer to replace your copy when the reprint's out. How about those of us who bought e-book versions?

Many years ago, I stopped reading Feist after Roo and Eric finished their battle with the Demon Queen.

Is it worth reading beyond that point? I have seen many references to Feist just churning out more books, and that the "love" he had for Midkemia is nothing but ashes sprinkled with money. Is that fair? Should I read what is left of this series, or keep my fond memories safe?

Many years ago, I stopped reading Feist after Roo and Eric finished their battle with the Demon Queen.

Is it worth reading beyond that point? I have seen many references to Feist just churning out more books, and that the "love" he had for Midkemia is nothing but ashes sprinkled with money. Is that fair? Should I read what is left of this series, or keep my fond memories safe?

You could probably do without most of it but the last two books have been really good.

One day I'll learn to avoid threads that may contain spoilers.

Flipfinger I hope your referring to the book if so would like to elaborate a little more? but without to many spoilers.

One day I'll learn to avoid threads that may contain spoilers.

Flipfinger I hope your referring to the book if so would like to elaborate a little more? but without to many spoilers.

There is no way to elaborate without spoiling it.

It's a massive ending.

The last 60 or 70 pages certainly make up for some laboured and tedious chapters throughout. I've definately enjoyed this series more so than the last couple though. He's certainly set the final book up nicely.

Three rural brothers from crydee, Rillianon, Krondor, Crydee. =end of series similar ending to Magician[/QUOTE]

It was a bit bizarre when I first started reading this book - almost like coming full circle. Back to Crydee, chuck in a Martin and that's me smiling over the reminiscing lol..