Can't remember title or author

brightspirit

Does anyone know the titles and author for a fantasy trilogy that features a man who ends up transported to a desert type world where a rare few warrior types bond telepathically with intelligent lion-like creatures which they ride. The setting is in the Mediterranean Sea area just prior to it being flooded as a sea, historically speaking. I believe the protagonist's lion-like creature he bonds with is named something like Keesha, though I'm not sure of that or if the spelling is accurate.

I read this trilogy in the 1980's sometime and, for the life of me I can't remember much else about the series other than it begins with an elderly man on some sort of boat who sees a bright light coming at him and then he wakes up in a younger body, one with more pronounced canine teeth, in some sort of desert environment.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Good grief, this has 16 reviews on Amazon.com, all of them five star! Pretty impressive. I think I'll have to try it.

Great Snook,

Thanks!!! I've been trying to remember that series for years!!!

My undying gratitude,
Brightspirit

I'm not sure it was ever published in the UK, but I've ordered a copy from a US seller.

Holy necro Snook, why are you reopening such an old thread. Well I was curious if HareBrain ever read the series and enjoyed it. Personally, I read it in the 80s and always think fondly on it.

Holy necro Snook, why are you reopening such an old thread. Well I was curious if HareBrain ever read the series and enjoyed it. Personally, I read it in the 80s and always think fondly on it.

I think if I'd read it in the 80s too, i.e. in my teens, I would have enjoyed it and been carried along with it. But as a jaded adult, it didn't do enough for me, I'm afraid. I think I got 100-200 pages in to the first one.

Back