So I've finished the "Riftwar Saga", and nearly finished the "Belgariad" series

Starman

2011 was the year I got into High Fantasy. Which series should I do next? I have bought the first volume of "A Song of Ice and Fire" and also the first volume of "The Wheel of Time". Aside from these two series', can anyone recommend some others?

If you enjoyed the Belgariad, there's always the Malloreon...

Check out Brent Weeks's Night Angel trilogy and Joe Abercrombie's First Law trilogy is brilliant too. I am currently reading the 3rd book of the Night Angel series and it's very good so far. Then it's about time I wrap up the First Law trilogy as well by getting into Last Argument of kings. The authors have very comprehensive websites and you can check out the reading orders :)

2011 was the year I got into High Fantasy. Which series should I do next? I have bought the first volume of "A Song of Ice and Fire" and also the first volume of "The Wheel of Time". Aside from these two series', can anyone recommend some others?

If you like rich stories full of detail and epic in scope not to mention something that will keep you busy for a while i would suggest Robert Jordans Wheel of Time.

something that will keep you busy for a while
Yes, well all of that is true. But a bit drawn out.
Dwarves (4 volumes, a translation from German)
L.E. Modesitt's Chaos/Order/Recluce series
Robin Hobbs (but not the Soldier Son trilogy)
But Peter, the previous post was 3.5 years ago. :)

Try The Kane The Mystic Swordsman series by Karl Edward Wagner. That's great series.(y)