Discussion -- 300 Word Challenge #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was all my fault: the image to which the above one is linked is in a post in the Technology section. Trouble was, I hadn't got round to saving it.... :eek:

This picture has an interesting premise, but whether or not I'll be able to come up with something will depend on my mood. I haven't been feeling well lately, and this time it's a true mystery to me why.

Strengely enough, although it's a NASA owned image and that escape tower looks distinctly NASA design, the launch tower looks Russian.

Anyway, plenty of scope for a 300 word story...

This image took me by surprise, however it's up to our imaginations what we come up with. I like Hex's "princess tower" idea.

Out of curiosity, do the days before being able to post entries always tend to drag?

Out of curiosity, do the days before being able to post entries always tend to drag?

Yes, but you can work on your tale to past the time. Inspiration hit me two days ago, now I'm ready to post on the 10th.

Not if you have no ideas yet -- then they fly by impressively! (Gah! it's only two days till the 10th? How did that happen?) Or perhaps that's just a side effect of old age.

You mean don't have more ideas than you know what to do with? Shock!

Not if you have no ideas yet -- then they fly by impressively! (Gah! it's only two days till the 10th? How did that happen?) Or perhaps that's just a side effect of old age.

Don't sweat it. I posted a tale in the 75 Word Challenge too early. Because NOW I have a better idea then what I submitted. Ah well, I'll save it for February (if it fits the theme).

Just relax Zebra, it will come to you. You've pumped out good tales in the past challenges. :)

Way too good, as I recall TDZ; :D

AMB; I'm like you I come up with an idea early and don't do too much with it. then, I post, and like Starbeast I come up with lots of what if's... but I never know if they'd be better. So, yep, ready to post, if only to stop myself second guessing myself.

Way too good, as I recall TDZ; :D

AMB; I'm like you I come up with an idea early and don't do too much with it. then, I post, and like Starbeast I come up with lots of what if's... but I never know if they'd be better. So, yep, ready to post, if only to stop myself second guessing myself.

Yeah, a great idea popped into my mind on this lazy Sunday, but it's too late for me. However, I'm satisfied with what I created for the 300 Challenge, I just tweeked it this morning.

Say The DustyZebra, you could look for an avatar while flexing your brain muscle. Just a thought.

Thanks for reminding me, Starbeast! I'd been meaning to stick this guy in there ever since StormFeather gave him to me for my birthday! :D

Two very strong openers there Springs and Reiver, very impressive.

I'm daunted already!

Not sure where that came from but not only have I managed to get a 75 worder together at last, but a 300 has just tumbled out, and I'm really quite pleased with. I'll probably sit on them a bit just to tidy them up.

The biggest shock though, was for the first time doing this 300 thing I've got a first draft at well under 300 words!!!

When we started the 300 word challenge I found it hard not to go way over 300, I thought 'hey I've got loads more words to work with, let's go crazy' and then would find it came in at close to 1000. So now I try to write it in the same way I do a 75worder. I find it means I can get more into the story, because I'm still being really strict with words.

I have managed to get a 75 word done (just, as Perp says, sitting on it to make sure it is the best it can be) so now going to look at the 300 worder.

Having tried (and so far done pretty well) not to look at other people's entries this month, I am really keen to read them. Usually I read them as they are posted, but this month I'm holding back and it is a real strain. Especially now I know that Reiver has posted and I'm wondering what marvel of economic (with words) writing has been posted, but I'm not letting myself look until voting time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.