Black Mirror

I think I heard Charlie Brooker refer to it as Red Mirror, a sort of horror spin off from the Sci-fi of black mirror.

Yes, at the beginning of the episodes it refers to it being a 'Red Mirror' production. Which is perfectly fine, but they do distort what BM has been about for its first 5 seasons. Mazey Day should also have been 'Red Mirror' as it shares many similarities with Demon79, but wasn't; so I'm not really sure what defines an episode of 'Red Mirror'.

It was an odd season, I felt Mazey Day was a great build up to a slightly cliché twist, it didn't fall within the realms of what I believe Black Mirror should be, but maybe that's the point, it should surprise us, even it is a surprise let down.

It was an odd season, I felt Mazey Day was a great build up to a slightly cliché twist, it didn't fall within the realms of what I believe Black Mirror should be, but maybe that's the point, it should surprise us, even it is a surprise let down.

It wasn't even a great twist, and it was delivered far too early. Which also happened with Loch Henry.

The only 2 episodes this season that were 'proper' BM were Joan is Awful and Beyond the Sea. I thought that JiA was at best average (using unfamiliar actors did not help) and BtS was thought provoking and very well done.

Mazey Day was pretty pointless to be honest, and Demon79 was excellent but far closer to Inside No9 than Black Mirror.

Overall a pretty disappointing series. It has to be judged against his earlier offerings, and most of these fall short of the mark. Many of the episodes seem to fixate too much on easter eggs, and fitting in with previous episodes, than they do on being good stories in their own right.

I just watched Joan is Awful. I loved the subject matter, which, given the current rise of software such as chat GPT and Mid Journey can‘t be too far away. Wasn’t one of the reasons for the recent strikes in Hollywood something to do with studios wanting to scan their actors?

I found that I was somewhat bored with the actual story. Quite Well acted, I thought. I’ll watch the second episode tomorrow.