Black Mirror

Fried Egg

Fantastic stuff. I've gone through and explored a few different variations, seen a few different endings. Clearly I've not seen them all yet!

Very original.

paranoid marvin

Run VT Erroll!
I've not watched it yet , so possible spoiler?

It's a bit of background info as to where the title of his tv show came from (and it's nothing to do with Wonderland!)

Back in the early days of computer gaming, there was a company called Imagine Software, who had done rather well out of the burgeoning computer game industry. Whilst at that time (in the UK at least) there were many 'bedroom coders' (teenage whizkids programming games from their parent's homes and selling them to games publishers or even directly to the public themselves), those working for Imagine were living pop star lifestyles with flash cars.

Imagine then announced two 'megagames' for the Spectrum and Commodore 64: Psyclapse and Bandersnatch. These were advertised in gaming magazines as being games that would blow people's minds when they were released. But they were never released; they were never even made. And then Imagine went bust (there is a YouTube video showing a programme called 'Commercial Breaks' being made about Imagine when the receivers actually arrived during filming).

This did not stop rumours about copies of the completed mega games being available to play, nor discussions about just how complete they were at the time Imagine closed down, and the question about just how 'mega' they would have been anyway. As Charlie Brooker is a child from that golden gaming age, I would imagine that the 'Bandersnatch' is more likely to be Imagine's than Lewis Carroll's creature, and the fact that it's a pretty cool name for a tv show is an added bonus.

Last edited:

Anthoney

Bearded Member
That was interesting. I'm excited to see this type of thing. There's a lot of room for this type of entertainment but I certainly would not want to watch something like this if I was going to bed. I'd never get to sleep.

Dave

Custom title not found
Staff member
Supporter
People have found another different ending if you pick up the family photo a second time. On Twitter, others were complaining that they would have no choice, but be forced to watch it all over again. Netfilx replied that they aren't controlling anyone :)

Lumens

Time traveller of the week - 3 days in a row
Brilliant! I love all the meta meaning that emerges from it, and it really is quite cleverly put together.