Farscape box sets

P.G.Bell

Writer, reader, reviewer
Hello folks. I'm hoping someone with a bit more knowledge than me can help me out with a question that's been bugging me on and off for a while now - is there a definitive Farscape box set that you would recommend?

I know they released that super deluxe version on DVD a few years ago but it was such an extortionate price that I never seriously considered buying it. But now the Bluray box set has been released, I'm hoping the old DVD edition will come down in price. Assuming it does, are there any significant differences between the DVD and Bluray sets?

Any and all advice, gratefully received!

I recently bought a supposedly complete box set from Amazon (Definitive Collection) for £40-something. I say supposedly only because I'm not familar enough with the series to say if it is complete. It's got the 4 seasons plus The Peacekeeper Wars. It was an Amazon special offer and took quite a long time to come.

I want to get the Bluray set, but it'll be some time before i can afford it.

I recently bought a supposedly complete box set from Amazon (Definitive Collection) for £40-something. I say supposedly only because I'm not familar enough with the series to say if it is complete. It's got the 4 seasons plus The Peacekeeper Wars. It was an Amazon special offer and took quite a long time to come.

Thanks, Snowdog. Yes, that sounds like the complete box set I was thinking of buying a few years ago. Forty quid, you say? I may have to look into that! (Got to finish Babylon 5 first, though!)

I just picked up the box set from Amazon. I must confess that I'm a little peeved that the Peacekeeper Wars didn't make it to the collection.

Oh we'll, a rewatch will take place soon. :)

Are you talking about the Ltd Edition Boxsets, or the ones that just contain all the episodes? The Peacekeeper Wars was released a long time after the Special Season 3 Ltd Edition sets and I'm not aware of any season that got that treatment.

I have all the special box sets so I'd be peeved if I had missed some. The one with the FS1 watch took me aeons to get hold of :mad:

pH
p.s okay, sorry I read the post properly and see you;re not talking about the gift sets..my bad

Last edited:
I've got the box which I think also has "The Peacekeeper Wars".
But along with some other sets what I find annoying is that there are no sub-titles.
As I'm a bit deaf a have a job following speech sometimes if there's loud background noise or music.
In this day and age with a major series like this you would think that it would come as standard, it's just penny pinching.

PickTV (a free to view Sky channel in the UK) is about to show the series. They've bought the rights to 88 episodes (i.e. seasons 1 to 4 inclusive).

The first episode is on at 18:55 tonight.

Have just started watching season 1 I presume, its before the Blue and grey alien thief girl came into it. Have set a season link on my machine and am currently quite enjoying it, the make up is innovative, the alien design is very interesting.

Reminds me very much of Blakes 7, only with a better budget. :D