Bread (and cheese)

I like him too.

(sorry, couldn't resist)

David Evil Overlord -- yours made me laugh. Very nice.

I based the idea on a popular chocolate biscuit that occasionally comes out in temporary "new and improved" flavours. I never would have thought of chocolate and chili if they hadn't come out with that flavour.

It seemed appropriate for a "Snowball in Hell" to be hot and cold.

The rye bread was fresh from the baker's oven. Cal tore off the end and put it in his mouth. It was still warm and delicious--moist, chewy, slightly sour--he smiled as he savoured the taste, made even more enjoyable by the fact that the cereal had been grown in his fields. He broke off another piece.

'It is like eating clouds!' cried Eduardo, scowling through a slice of nine-seed granary bread they had found in a freezer at the dredger's bakery. 'This is not bread! I cannot taste the millstone!'

I never would have said anything derogatory, to a new romantic interest, about the way she baked biscuits. ("Biscuits" are like "scones," Brits, but fluffier) She was trying to impress me, and I was only thinking about Mister-Smoothing my way her into her muffin.

But she brought it up: "My biscuits turned out kinda tough."

"Well, yeah, since you mention it," I replied glibly , bouncing one off of the ceiling, frightening the cat and knocking over a vase." The thing about biscuits is that they need to be served fresh from the oven. Re-heating them turns them to rocks. and.. um.. whole wheat flour... guaranteed disaster."

She laughed, threw a salvo of biscuits at each of the other dinner guests, and we went out for pizza.

(True story. She became the mother of my children. And I still bake better biscuits than anybody)

started going through some old WIPs and found this
[FONT=&quot]Bread is great for keeping your mouth busy enough to wait for your thoughts. I nibbled a bit as I thought how best to answer[/FONT]