New Films, New Options, New Rumours....

Haven't seen this mentioned around, so: the next film from Ridley Scott, based on the book by Andy Weir, stars Matt Damon as an astronaut stranded on Mars. And he's surrounded by an impressive cast!

The Martian

Due for release at the end of November.

Haven't seen this mentioned around, so: the next film from Ridley Scott, based on the book by Andy Weir, stars Matt Damon as an astronaut stranded on Mars. And he's surrounded by an impressive cast!

The Martian

Due for release at the end of November.

One thing you can be sure of, with Scott involved, it'll look great. Everything else will be up for debate. And I wonder if Matt Damon is making a creer of being a stranded astronaut: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816692/fullcredits/
Something to look forward to anyway.

There is a movie version of Warcraft slated for release early next year. Travis Fimmell of Vikings fame is the lead actor. No trailer yet but the cover art looks impressive. The producers have said they are going for a Gladiator gritty feel.

I'm deep into reading the novel, The Martian right now. Really good. Couldn't stand it and had to go to IMDB to check who was playing what part in the film. Aside from Matt Damon, with Jeff Daniels as mission director Teddy, Sean Bean as the resident Earthbound hyper-critical Team member and Kristen Wiig as publicist, Annie - the result could be quite good, everything else remaining equal. Starting to look forward to the October premier.

I saw earlier this week that there's going to be a Baywatch movie starring The Rock.

Really? Seriously?

Saw that Warcraft was discussed a bit earlier. Here's the trailer on the imdb page if you haven't seen it already. I'm a bit worried, it looks like it has a potential to be action-packed and not much more. I hope for the best though. I've heard good things about Duncan Jones, the director, and his 2009 movie "Moon" before, but I haven't seen any of his stuff. Anyone know anything about him?

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0803096/

I actually had the Dr. Strange DVD from NF a few years ago. I only watched the 1st 5 minutes, then returned it. I might try the new one, though.

Can't wait to see this one:

And this:

And -

All of the sudden there seem to be a lot watch!

Last edited:
saw 2 of these 3 trailers at the cinema and have them in my 'to see' pile. Now there's a 3rd!

I thought Churchill say something about a finest hour, though doubtless darkest would also apply.

Sadly, I do not go to the theater anymore.