New Films, New Options, New Rumours....

Mouse

ejtett.weebly.com
Ocean's 8 looks quite good, but then I love Sandra Bullock. And also heard that Mortal Engines is being made(has been made?) into a film, so that'll be good!

AlexH

After initially being announced in 2014, there has been progress on a film for one of my childhood favourite book series - Enid Blyton's Magic Faraway Tree. I only bought the books to re-read a few months ago and thought the proposed film had come to a dead end.

Sam Mendes' production company have teamed up with StudioCanal (behind Swallows and Amazons, Paddington etc.) for a live action film.

Anthoney

Bearded Member
Sure! A little black jack. Some Texas Hold'em. Maybe even some roulette if I'm feeling lucky. What I would not do is bet that they will make a good D&D movie. I might as well spend my whole check on Lotto. Same chances. (Secretly I spend $2 a week on Lotto just in case).

Overread

Direwolf of the chrons
Thing is DnD should be perfect Hollywood material.
It's full of tropes that make it super easy to setup a world and scene and quest; its got a focus on action and monsters, dragons, magic etc.... And the quest structure fits into a film time-line. It's actually surprising they've never managed to get it to work properly. Done right a big DnD should be the kind of thing that unseats the dominance of Marvel/DC

AstroZon

A live action Jonny Quest has been in the planning stages for years. Robert Rodriguez was set to be both director and co-writer, but the project stalled a few years ago. Now apparently it's on again. As a fan of the original JQ, I'd love to see this done right.

I'd also like to see Hanna-Barbara release an unedited DVD box set of the original series, but that's extremely unlikely as there were plenty of politically incorrect moments. It'd be cool though.

Allegra

I'm looking forward to seeing a new Polish black and white film Cold War. It's competing right now in Cannes film festival and got some excellent reviews. Directed by the director of Ida - also black & white, brilliant film.