What was the WORST movie you've ever seen?

"Pluto Nash" (2002)

About as funny/entertaining as a two hour trip to a drunk proctologist!

A $100m budget and about $2 worth of laughs!

Awful script, dreadful editing, poor direction, incredibly bad miscasting and a disinterested Murphy in it purely for the cash, and about as convincing as a politician telling the truth!

0.5/5

I remember it well. This was the only shot in the whole movie that caught my interest: (possibly NSFW depending on how puritanical your boss/coworkers are).
...oops!

Plutrid. Well I watched Left Behind, and it is unusual... People disappear - poof - and only their clothes are left behind. Guess who's teleporting them out? That's right, it's God, as predicted by some of the cast.

According to my IMDB ratings, the worst films I've seen are:

2046 - I found this really boring, and couldn't wait to leave the cinema. There was a brief sci-fi-ish bit where it suddenly seemed like it was becoming intriguing.
Five Seconds to Spare - British 'comedy'. Another boring one. I didn't care about any of the characters and it seemed like a really unrealistic portrayal of being in a band.
Louise-Michel - black comedy that I didn't like very much at all.
The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert - I think this was supposed to be a comedy. I hate musicals. Why did I even watch it?
Anomalisa - it was intriguing to start with, and the animation was nice, but ugh. I didn't care for this at all.

I probably remember more about those than I do some of the films I've given high ratings.

I haven't read the whole thread so apologies if it's been mentioned already, but the worst film I've seen was Batman Begins.

That's actually one of my favourites. I enjoyed Christopher Nolan's previous films, and Batman Begins, so much, that I got caught up in all the hype with The Dark Knight, and ended up not enjoyed that - though it was still far from one my least favourite films.

The first Troll film was fun to watch . Troll 2 was quite the opposite.

Troll 2 is supposed to be the worst film ever made, but it is entertaining. Be sure not to watch it alone, but with family and friends capable of making sarcastic remarks. I watched it and also the documentary The Best Worst Movie.

Genova. 2008 Colin Firth.
Dreadful, never builds much pressure and runs out of steam without reaching a station.
Billed as a "supernatural chiller" there is none of either. I want my hour and a half back.

Genova. 2008 Colin Firth.
Dreadful, never builds much pressure and runs out of steam without reaching a station.
Billed as a "supernatural chiller" there is none of either. I want my hour and a half back.
Doesn’t seem to meet the criterion of “so bad it’s good” though. Some of the old hammer films certainly met the criterion.

Yes, Christine (of the wheel) I have zero tolerance for pretentious drivel. Oh, and welcome to Chrons. :)

There are many films that are just plain bad. But a special place in hell should be reserved for movies that are dreadful, while aspiring to be good. Its the pretension that really annoys. Eat,Pray,Love springs to mind.

That would probably include all of Ed Woods films. :unsure::)

The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert - I think this was supposed to be a comedy. I hate musicals. Why did I even watch it?
I don't really remember this as being a "musical" but more High Campy, pushing the level of the Rocky Horror show. The story was sorta poignant; but the assorted "Events" along the way I found humorous.

In an amusing side note to scene about the ping pong ball exhibitionist who stole the show from the drag queens...

This song was written about the same time, when there was a crazed fad over a rivalry between the US and China over Ping Pong (Table Tennis) tournaments. When was that? Late Eighties?.

Hence the lyric, when Mitzi says, "It has no connection with China."

The juxtaposition of that particular movie scene and this song gives me great delight. (And It's a damned great sounding song)

I have not seen it, but if anyone else can shed light on the qualification of The Giant Spider Invasion (1975) for this thread, I would be most interested.

1641713300361.jpeg

It could be an Oscar contender when compared to Eight Legged Freaks.

That would probably include all of Ed Woods films. :unsure::)

I'm not so sure. Wood's films are not good, to be sure, but I think they lack the "Oscar bait" pretentiousness of something straining to be a serious film and not succeeding. Wood seemed to be more saying "I want to make a movie!" and, by George, he did. (His most personal, Glen or Glenda, has a theme close to his heart, but its weird artiness is more eccentric, I believe, than pretentious.)

I'm not so sure. Wood's films are not good, to be sure, but I think they lack the "Oscar bait" pretentiousness of something straining to be a serious film and not succeeding. Wood seemed to be more saying "I want to make a movie!" and, by George, he did. (His most personal, Glen or Glenda, has a theme close to his heart, but its weird artiness is more eccentric, I believe, than pretentious.)

If Ed Wood had been born 30 years later then was , he would been doing music videos for MTV and probably would have been very successful at it. His style of film making actually would perfect that that medium.

Wood seemed to be more saying "I want to make a movie!" and, by George, he did.

Totally! Which qualifies him in my book as a genuine artist. An outsider artist maybe but a genuine artist. I would much prefer see movies made with conviction and heart (no matter how bad) than any number of cynically churned out, technically superior pap made by people who could just as well be making widgets as movies for all they care. (The Asylum and later New World productions spring to mind)

Ed Wood did make one film which achieved everything it set out to do. (Though he only wrote it.)

Orgy of the Dead the cheapest 'nudie flick' ever made. One set. A string of burlesque strippers of varying skill wearing as little as the morals of the day would allow doing a titty-shaking shuffle then moving on. Still pretty dreadful but it did what it said on the tin and it's also the least interesting of his films because of it.